Thermo Fisher Scientific - We've had a number of challenges since being acquired by Thermo, but I've learned so much about integration. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

"We've had a number of challenges since being acquired by Thermo, but I've learned so much about integration."

Current Employee - IT Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - IT Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Thermo Fisher is a large global company, as such I often work with colleagues in other countries and as a small contributor to a large global change.

Cons

This is a large company that is moving fast, but not always finishing projects cleanly before moving on to the next. This results in regular, frustrating, rework.

Advice to Management

Retain more top talent by giving meaningful projects to help employees further professional goals and do not enforce a policy that forces Managers to always rate a percent of employees as not meeting needs.

Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

"Good benefits, difficult to advance"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and you can find good divisions to work.

Cons

As with most large corporations, there is a lot of political issues to deal with. Advancement is difficult if you don't work hard at it.

Advice to Management

When talent is identified, do your best to retain it or they may walk out the door. Too many excuses for not rewarding employees and no incentive to work hard. Everyone shouldn't receive the same merit increase.

2. "Not the best company to work for."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hanover Park, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hanover Park, IL

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff is mostly young and fun people. You can meet a ton of new friends through work. If you're looking to expand your knowledge of the scientific industry, this would be a good fit.

Cons

Highly driven on arbitrary metrics and call statistics. Demands for meeting several hours on the phone take away from being able to implement individual sales styles.

Advice to Management

Ease off on the metrics and let people manage their territory in their own way (people these days would prefer to work through email or in person, rather than via phone).