Thermo Fisher Scientific - The cheapest company I have ever had the displeasure of working for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

"The cheapest company I have ever had the displeasure of working for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you really want to learn to be nasty and manipulative, this is the company for you. You want to be a backstabbing, larcenous manager, excellent training here.

Cons

They screw the employees out of their raises every year. It is not the kind of company that cares about their employees. All they care about is rubbing your nose in their" we made a profit", but when it comes time for raises," Oh we're sorry but we cannot afford to give you a raise this year, better luck next year."

Advice to Management

The economy is getting better, start expecting your employees to look else where for better greener pastures. Got some news for you, we already are.

Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

"Walmart cares more about their employees"

Current Employee - BioScience Production in Lafayette, CO
    Current Employee - BioScience Production in Lafayette, CO

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and starting salary, chance to rise up the corporate lader

Cons

A lot greater chance to have your branch of the company downsize.
    Positions with this company are extremely volatile. They are constantly buying smaller companies, selling off branches within their company, expanding and downsizing.
    Horrible corporate management, the current CEO worked at Bain Capital with Mitt Romney, if that tells you anything about job stability. Organic Growth >> employee jobs, delivering quality products.

Advice to Management

None. They are probably looking for new jobs too, since they eliminated all the middle management positions.

"Too much, too fast. No solid foundation."

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unmatched technical portfolio. At a local level, people are really great. Leaders at the highest levels are sincere and proud of the company.

Cons

Business tends to want to add revenues without regard to quality or scientific robustness, often leading to underdeveloped or poorly supported products. Very reactionary. Very little innovation going on within the company; the company tries to buy it's way into innovation. This usually means the owner of the acquired technology gets rich, the business tries to integrate, and R&D is left holding the bag once the business is through.

Advice to Management

Partner with R&D and program management better. Remember that we're actually here to create value. Acquiring a company (or meeting synergy targets) is not the same as growing the business. The way to build a $100M business is NOT to buy a $150M business and then squander value.