Cover image for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good people and benefits

Mar 17, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

No company is perfect, but almost everyone I’ve worked with over the course of my time here has gone out of their way to help me any time I had a question or concern. Their benefits are great, especially their Appreciate program, which allows employees to recognize their peers; I’ve never had that before. At previous companies, only executives had the privilege, so it was all about who you know. At Thermo, supervisors are encouraged to advance their subordinates careers; this is typically part of their annual goals (at least my division) so there is opportunity for growth and constant conversation around your career next steps.

Cons

I work remote, so I don’t experience too many cons. If any – and I’m reaching – maybe that because of the level of oversight for remote employees, some don’t pull their weight as much as others? But their lack of work is apparent in their numbers at the end of the year, so it doesn’t typically have a huge impact on me.

48 people found this review helpful

Thermo Fisher Scientific Response

Recruitment Marketing Lead

We greatly appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the supportive culture we have. Glad to hear that you like the 'Appreciation program'. Thank you for everything you do!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for

Jan 9, 2023 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of resources and support within the organization. Culture is built around the employee.

Cons

Work-life balance can be tricky sometimes in this role, but that comes with the territory of being in sales.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Engineer III

Feb 8, 2023 - Field Service Engineer III in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part seems like a good company to be an FSE with. Good starting pay.

Cons

Benefits are slightly lower than average for the field. The company is starting to take away a lot of flexibility in the field work. Flexibility is the main factor draws engineers to this line of work. You start taking that away, and people leave.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Photos

+ Add Photo
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: Pride Month
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: National Sales Network's 25th Anniversary Conference 2022
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: Pride 2022
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: Pride 2022
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: Expansion of our dry powder media manufacturing facility in Grand Island, New York.
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: Early Talent Team at NSBE Conference
Thermo Fisher Scientific photo of: Graduate Leadership Development Program Orientation 2022

Thermo Fisher Scientific Job Seekers Also Viewed