Thermopylae Sciences & Technology - One of the best places I've ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thermopylae Sciences & Technology

"One of the best places I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a software developer, and my work at TST has been both challenging and enjoyable. I work remotely, so I can't speak to how everything works at the primary office, but I know that as a developer, I feel like I'm important and valued whenever I interact with any of my coworkers.

The projects are interesting and intense, and management does a great job interfacing with customers so that those of us doing the technical work have a good picture of what needs to be accomplished and when.

Cons

It can feel like the people who's job it is to interface with customers can be a bit overworked -- like it's difficult to get ahold of Project Managers sometimes because they seem to be running six different projects at once, which can make scheduling meetings or getting customer feedback difficult at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Thermopylae Sciences & Technology

"Jumping with no reserve."

I worked at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology full-time

Pros

The technology, the whole technology, and nothing but the technology. Anybody doing Android and iOS coupled with pre-release access to Google toys would fall into a PRO bucket.

Cons

Leadership, management, and progress without a compass. Seems the 'light bulb over the head' just-in-time philosophy rules the day.

Advice to Management

You can Google some of your staff all of the time and you can Google all of your staff some of the time, but you cannot Google all of your staff all of the time.

Find_your_own_identity and own it.

Divide and conquer the in-house fifedoms of self-preservation by those who do not have C?O in front of their name.

"Lots of promise, lacking in delivery"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is very casual -- as long as you roll in before your first meeting and put in your 40 hours then no one will bother you. People sometimes envy that the workers here can come in wearing shorts and flip flops. The software that is developed has great potential. The people are generally very fun to talk to and happy hours are a frequent event.

Cons

The company seems to lack direction with the products. Technical people get bored of the contracts as each new project hardly feels new. Money is wasted on social events if it isn't spent on hiring better employees.

Advice to Management

It's easy to sell the company to a person looking for a fun-filled company that likes to party as hard as they work. At the end of the day, people will look to party less and they will realize that besides the atmosphere, TST does not have much to offer. There is a reason why there is a high turnover rate on good technical employees -- trust their input and cut the bad people.