Think Big - Incredible Place of Great Minds Helping Each Other Grow in a Hot Space | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Think Big

"Incredible Place of Great Minds Helping Each Other Grow in a Hot Space"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Think Big full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A company that when you talk about it to your friends, family, strangers, whoever literally wows people
-Cutting edge technologies and Incredibly intelligent people to grow from
-Interesting projects that are fact paced and involve Big Data technologies
-Fun Fridays where the company does something fun and usually memorable every Friday
-Nice work-life balance
-Networking potential both on the technology and business side
-Good benefits and salary

Cons

-If you are someone that likes a large amount of structure this may not be the best place for you. Get ready to adapt to change in a fact growing start up

Advice to Management

-Quite top heavy with leadership and seniority for our size which allows for growth and experience building, but makes it difficult some times with too many chefs in the kitchen concept

Other Employee Reviews for Think Big

1. "A technology rocket ship ride."

Current Employee - Principal Data Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Data Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Think Big full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get constant exposure to new technologies (4 Hadoop distributions, numerous NoSQL services, search, distributed services, admin clients, queues, file formats, algorithms, monitoring services,...) and many new business models, and working with new people (executives, engineers & architects) all the time. We're hiring brilliant people all the time. Never a dull day.

Cons

Still growing the Boston area and the company is fiscally responsible so still looking forward to getting a local area office. Being spread out also means we have to work a lot harder to build relationships with colleagues. On average, I travel a couple times a month. This can be inconvenient and usually my personal circle can pickup the slack, there's some juggling but there's usually some flexibility and it works out. The trade off is starting new projects and the next new thing vs. constancy.

Advice to Management

Boston Office

2. "Great Place to be a Team Member - Jump on the Rocketship!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Think Big full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is filled with smart and motivated people where you get to work with bleeding edge technology. Overall I love coming to work, I love the people, feels like a big collaborative family. We have Fun Friday where we atleast have a company sponsored lunch and try to go do something fun as a team. The leadership does a great job make you feel like you are and integral part of the growth of the Company.

Cons

A little top heavy with upper level execs leading to too many cooks in the kitchen. But as we have grown this seems to be improving

Advice to Management

delegate decision making to practice managers, and keep this place growing. It is a great opportunity to be apart of the team! Thank you!