Think Together - Making the world a better place! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Think Together

"Making the world a better place!"

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA
Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Think Together full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowing that you're making a difference, not only, in children's lives but in the lives of their parents and your life as well.

Cons

Workload, as any non-profit, sometimes seems more than the pay.

Advice to Management

Keep a great vision!

Other Employee Reviews for Think Together

"This company is AWFUL"

Current Employee - Site Coordinator
    Current Employee - Site Coordinator

I have been working at Think Together full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are constantly reminded why you work for such and low salary and put in so many hours. At the end of the day, you dont do this job for anything but the kids.
    I have nothing good to say about this company...

Cons

Salary:
    After being with THINK Together for over 5 years the highest raise I've received is $300... annually. Many people have a conception that the lack of raises or pay increases is due to a limitation on funding allocations by the state or funders. When in fact a site coordinators salary is not considered to be part of salary allocations, but part of program operations.

You don't get paid what your worth.

Supervisors:
    The Quality Assurance Coaches all seem to be given a pedestal upon being hired. You are constantly watched, looked down on and spoken down to by the QACs regardless if they are your direct supervisor or not.

General Manager:
    At the end of the day, they are only looking out for the companies name and reputation. You will be tossed around and thrown under a bus when it come between you or a school relationship.

Monthly Awards:
    All BS, it seems the majority of people rewarded in this company are those you put on a happy face but are in fact awful at their job. It is extremely difficult to sit back and watch many people receive awards who are highly undeserving and who I know I've probably done more of their job for them then they've done themselves.

Favoritism:
    As long as you kiss enough rear end you will pretty much et away with murder.

I could name current employees who have broken policies with no reproductions, including;
    Having sexual relations with their employees for an extended period of time,
    Sexual harassment against women including crude comments and inappropriate touching,
    Targeting specific employees for termination,
    Ill-lawful and forceful termination,
    Part-time employees being ASKED to work off the clock,
    Part-time and salary employees forced to spend money out of their own pocket for program supplies,
    Supervisors creating a hostile work environment for those who work below them...

Appreciation:
    You wont get any! You will always know what you've done wrong but will rarely be recognized when you do something right. If you accept a position with them, just know, your only doing it for the kids.

It is so sad to see a company with such a great mission have so many people with such poor morals.

Advice to Management

Bring Sue Cornell Back!
    She is the best thing that ever happened to THINK Together and in my opinion, the company went down the drain when she left.

Stop playing favorites and actually listen to your site coordinators. We aren't complaining if it's the truth..don't take the QACs word for it, do a TRUE investigation.

People don't say anything due to fear of retaliation... say what you want, but we all know it happens. Why would I go to HR and let them know I'm being harassed by my supervisor if I know all they will do is give them a slap on the hand and I will still have to work under them...??????? The company creates enough of a hostile work environment as it is, the last thing anyone would want to do is make it worse for themselves.

Think Together Response

Aug 19, 2013 – Multimedia Communications Specialist

THINK Together does not condone sexual harassment or harassment of any kind in the workplace, nor do we ever make program leaders work off the clock. THINK Together is committed to providing a work... More

2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Think Together full-time

Pros

the vision and mission of the organization is in line with my personal goal of making a difference with my work. I also get to work with some great people who really care about their co-workers and their employees.

Cons

There is a lot of work with little resources. As many non-profits you have to work hard and think outside of the box when the resources are not readily available.

Advice to Management

Keep investing the development of the staff and the programs