ThinkGeek - Best place I have ever worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ThinkGeek

"Best place I have ever worked"

Pros

Treat employees with respect
You can always provide feedback and they will listen

Cons

You can telecommute some but not often

Other Employee Reviews for ThinkGeek

"Really fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at ThinkGeek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Previously, I worked at a pretty large, traditional accounting/consulting firm, and I am truly loving ThinkGeek so far. The culture is super relaxed and right up my alley. I get to wear a t-shirt and jeans to work, and there's tons of free geeky swag at the office. At least for me, the commute is totally reasonable (about 15-20 min). Also, I never realized how much I was missing out by not having a real desk with two monitors and a docking station. The people really do make this place though. Everyone I work with from management on down is really honest, understanding, and fun. But yeah overall, I couldn't be happier.

Cons

The holiday season is pretty hectic, since November-December is when we do a good bit of our business for the year, but no different from any other gift retailer in that respect. Because it's a smaller company where people wear a lot of different hats, there is a lot of task switching which can sometimes make it harder to focus on the long-term projects you want to get done, but I imagine this occurs just about everywhere, and ThinkGeek is still way better than where I used to work where we'd be working on 5-10 different client projects at once.

2. "It's kinda meh"

I worked at ThinkGeek part-time

Pros

Great environment and fun people, flexible schedule,easy ability for progression with the company

Cons

Not enough hours to work, too much shipment for our location, horrible communication skills, great products but an inability to utilize them due to the vast amount of other work available

Advice to Management

Stand up for yourself and be firm, work on organization, and quit talking down to your employees