Thomas International - Great place to start a career (or end one) but don't stay too long....! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International

"Great place to start a career (or end one) but don't stay too long....!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

Pros

A true "Family Firm" if you have the company interests at heart you get looked after. Very mature management style in a culture of fairness and meritocracy.

Cons

A true "Family Firm" change and improvements come very very slowly... there are NO benefits to speak of and due to legacy ( a mixture of self employed and employed fieldsales staff) people often find themselves out of pocket just going to work due to expenses and salaries not being very competitive.

Advice to Management

The employee is your number one customer and sometimes this is forgotten. Give people greater access to learning and development to help them grow the business.

Thomas International Response

Apr 4, 2014 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback, Thomas in the last 2 years since your review has improved many of its benefits, including health insurance, pensions, health cash plans, subsidised gym membership... More

Other Employee Reviews for Thomas International

"Good starting Job"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Great product - one of the best assessment tools in the market

Cons

Poor management of branches - business units operate as franchises & some local management is pretty bad. Lacking ethics and support for employees.

Advice to Management

Develop your employees and reward them for a job well done

Thomas International Response

Apr 5, 2014 – CEO

As you will see from some of my other posts a lot has changed in the last 3 years so wont repeat what I have said on my other posts. I am not sure from which of the 60 countries we have operations in... More

2. "Not A Better Place To Work"

I have been working at Thomas International full-time

Pros

Thomas international is a great company to start or develop skills in business to achieve overall goals. I first started work at Thomas international and I haven't left since. It really has shown me the strength one company can provide there employees to make it a fun and enjoyable place to work. By working with such talented youthful people and more experience caring older member of staff. Thomas has given me the chance to become skillful in the role that I do every day and I couldn't ask for a better place to have started and work for. It's not only the colleagues I have had the opportunity to work with to make Thomas an amazing place to work. The CEO Amir has been really insiteful to the business on achievements and upcoming projects and just a genuine man to lead to company to success. The SLT team are enthusiastic to not only push the company forward but also my personal career and can happily take a joke. They have worked hard to ensure the business succeeds. It has shown over the years that the business is great for young people and shows that a business as successful as Thomas can trust young people who have only come from school with no background in work and have an amazing impact on the succession which makes the business what it is.

Cons

In my opinion I don't think there are any cons that's I have experienced in my time at Thomas.

Advice to Management

As they do so already, I think the best advice is to just give appraise to everything that it is needed for, just show appreciation as much as possible so that everyone can stay motivated and know how amazing Thomas is to work. And always celebrate success, whether that's taking a team out for a meal or joining in on team day outs, that way there's further communication and a fun side to celebrate the success which is well deserved.