Thomas International - A brilliant place to work and play | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International

"A brilliant place to work and play"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company changed my life. After 25 yrs in an unrelated industry I was able to make the transition to consultant & then management with support where necessary but with enough freedom to use my transferable skills.

Cons

It can become an obsessive job which takes over (if that is a con?)

Advice to Management

Consider the time that change sometimes needs to implement successfully.

Jul 12, 2014 – CEO

Life changing isn't a word I have heard often but to think that's what you think about our business is quite humbling, thank you. I agree the work life balance at the level you are at is a real... More

Other Employee Reviews for Thomas International

1. "Fantastic company! Over 15 years in Senior Consultant role that is continuing to be exciting and impactful!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge opportunity for learning and personal growth. The role is diverse and encourages exposure to a wide variety of industries and levels of client organizations with amazing products and services. The opportunity to have immediate impact with people and organizations. The environment is team focused with incredibly focused, hard working and engaged team members and empowering manager support.

Cons

There is a big learning curve and hard work required to be successful and employees need to know that upfront and be committed to deliver. It is a strong team environment so people need to be comfortable with transparency and respectfulness.

Advice to Management

Focus on attracting more people with the same commitment and comfort with being in a "hands on" organization.

Sep 10, 2014 – CEO

Really sorry I did not respond earlier but to honest I had missed the review. You are right throughout the business we expect people to commit to Thomas and our values and passion for assessments. We... More

2. "A lifestyle...more than just a "job""

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Thomas is a refreshing change from my previous employment with a company that is constantly striving to develop through it's services, products and people. There is no standing still here....with some great people that are willing to help, share and advise when necessary.

The support and welcome when I first joined a few years ago ..certainly added to the sense I had joined a company with strong "family" led values and the passion from everyone was clear to see.

This is definitely more a lifestyle..than just a job......with the more you put in, the more you take out

Cons

As with any company there are frustrations and niggles.....and being out in the field can on occasions feel isolated and excluded
    We can all moan about our salary (it's not the best) and this may not attract some...however there is a balance between doing something that becomes addictive and enjoyable and the amount of money we think we are worth.

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees a voice..and not just those you wish to listen to

May 17, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to review Thomas and really appreciate the honest feedback on how we are doing. You are right in the field you can feel isolated which is why we tend to take on self... More