Thomson Reuters - Not a bad place to park your career for awhile | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Not a bad place to park your career for awhile"

Current Employee - Contracts in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Contracts in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

They walk the walk when it comes to putting employees first. They communicate very often and effectively with their employees. Morale is good even during this poor economy. They seem to clean out dead wood employees. I can't say there's anyone here who isn't pulling their weight (except a few salespeople).

Cons

Comparatively low pay. Also sales force seems to run the show which makes it difficult to implement process improvements.

Advice to Management

You really need to have management driving innovation and improvement and not cater to sales whims. We've spent a lot of time and money developing software that streamlines efficiency but because sales refuses to use it - and management won't make them - the rest of us have to suffer.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Thomson Reuters is a place to work until you find a "real job""

Current Employee - Equity Market Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Equity Market Analyst in Boston, MA

Pros

Relaxed work environment...no need to dress fancy, shave, etc. Also the people are very friendly and there are some good benefits such as tickets to games, events, and access to the gym.

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing, and do not welcome change that could spur growth for the company. I worked long hours, but most work regular hours. Not much training (thrown into the fire) and poor communication from higher ups. I was really disappointed in the direction of the company as it is very old school styled.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and give new project ideas a chance.

2. "Like working at Thomson Reuters so far."

Current Employee - Technical Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Director in New York, NY

Pros

The best reasons for working at Thomson Reuters are opportunity and a very good work environment.

Cons

That perhaps Thomson Reuters is a very large company and somewhat unwieldy.

Advice to Management

I would suggest to senior management as I would to other corporate top management is to pay attention and look for ideas and motivation from all your employees.