Thomson Reuters - Not a bad place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

Pros

I feel i have good opportunity for growth. I am rewarded for my efforts through special bonuses (sometimes big - sometimes small) and I feel I am appreciated by my management. I am given many opportunities to learn and grow more.

Cons

Too many people have been with the company for a very long time and are not effective. These people are moved around from position to postiion rather than being let go. They are overpaid and it sends a bad message to those who work harder and receive much less.

Advice to Management

Weed out the under performers and grow the next layer of management

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Good place for those coming in at VP level or those with minimal ambition."

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

If you need time off for personal and or sick leave, then the firm is pretty good about giving it to you.

Cons

Thomson Reuters functions as a monarchy. I firmly believe that all firms provide opportunity and your career is what you make of it. But, Thomson Reuters makes it very difficult to generate any kind of career path. It's definitely a tough place to work and feel good about it unless you enter the company as a senior manager or are someone with minimal ambition.

Advice to Management

Tom Glocer is a good man. He just hasnt put the right people under him. He needs to take a closer look at his direct reports and make some tough decisions.

2. "Not a bad place to park your career for awhile"

Current Employee - Contracts in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Contracts in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

They walk the walk when it comes to putting employees first. They communicate very often and effectively with their employees. Morale is good even during this poor economy. They seem to clean out dead wood employees. I can't say there's anyone here who isn't pulling their weight (except a few salespeople).

Cons

Comparatively low pay. Also sales force seems to run the show which makes it difficult to implement process improvements.

Advice to Management

You really need to have management driving innovation and improvement and not cater to sales whims. We've spent a lot of time and money developing software that streamlines efficiency but because sales refuses to use it - and management won't make them - the rest of us have to suffer.