Thomson Reuters - Great company to work for overall | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Great company to work for overall"

Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX
Current Employee - Director in Carrollton, TX

Pros

There is an amazing commaraderie between co-workers and colleagues. We also have a contniuous exposure to technology which is inviting. The entreprenural environment encourages creativity and innovation. Overall, the working relationships which turn into long time friendships and the overall corporate culture of innovation and commaraderie are the reasons why you stay as long as you do.

Cons

The work life balance is somewhat lopsided though you are presented with the choice. Also, some individuals who put up walls and do not work as team members are a hinderance to the overall success of projects and the organization.

Advice to Management

Remove those indivdiuals who work against progress and who put up walls between locations. Usually, these are individuals opposed ot change. These individuals are poisen to the culture and the success of the organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

"If you want a relaxed and enjoyable place to collect a paycheck, this is it."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Pros

It has a great culture and environment. The office (in Denver) is very laid back. Micromedex is a tech company at heart so much of the traditional positive traditional tech attributes exist here - casual dress, low stress, employee perks. I worked in the finance group and came from a financial services background. This was almost culture shock for me.

Cons

As part of a large corporation (its even larger know with the merger of Thomson and Reuters), there are the typical beuracracies and negatives that come with a company of this size. One of the good things though is that Micromedex is a smaller, almost stand alone, part of the parent. So this is less of a negative. The finance group was small, so was little opportunity to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Senior mgmt at Micromedex is competent and fairly attuned to their employees. The problem is that they have to listen to what is handed down from on high, at Thomson corporate. That creates a disconnect. So I could go and talk to the CFO of Micromedex at any time and voice my opinion. But it would never get to the CFO of Thomson.

"Everybody Loves Legal"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

My job is exactly what I want to do. I love the freedom of my flexible schedule. I love working with clients and building relationships with them.

Cons

In my industry (legal) there is little opportunity to transfer to another city. But that's because people love their jobs and stay forever.

Advice to Management

Believe in us!! We want to do a good job!