Thomson Reuters - No advancement, no raises, no compensation, long hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"No advancement, no raises, no compensation, long hours"

Current Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I directly work with are like family.

Cons

Almost 5 years in and no promotion, even though promises have been made over and over again. There is a lot of favortism. Only 1 raise in 5 years. Bonuses are a joke. Work on average 50-70 hours a week.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

"It's not bad, but it's not great, either."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stability, job security, and benefits. As a developer, I am sheltered from a lot of the political B.S. I don't have to travel, and had never had to go onsite.

Cons

Too many managers. Big company red tape. As a developer, I have little to no power / control over the work or the team. Management is quite mediocre. Facilities are slightly below average.

Advice to Management

Solicit feedback from all levels of the company. Do a better job of integrating people from various acquisitions into a cohesive unit.

"Solid company, large and very busy with some good experiences"

Current Employee - Storage Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Storage Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in the technical organization, you get to experience scale at a level that very few other places come even close to, managing assets across dozens of datacenters across the globe. My coworkers are pretty good given my experiences at other employers. The management has good direction if not maybe a little too much ambition. The benefits are good with a choose your coverage type of health plan.

Cons

WIth the scale so large, even the smallest of changes becomes a large undertaking. The Eagan, MN campus while nice is lacking of amenities compared to other large corporate campuses. In the technical organization, positions are very siloed, so branching out of your area can be a bit more difficult than other places.

Advice to Management

Add some nice amenities to the Eagan campus (home to nearly 7000 employees) such as a minute clinic or beverages beyond coffee. Be more aware of headcount constraints and get people into positions a bit quicker.