Thomson Reuters - Decent foot in the door | Glassdoor

"Decent foot in the door"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits package. Good work environment. Good place to get a start in the tech field, especially if you have no prior experience. You will grow professionally and learn how to network yourself. Everyone is supportive and helpful. Most managers (Team Leaders) are supportive as well.

Cons

For being a tech company, the tech is lacking. Seems like people who make the decisions dont really know what to look for. I personally found it literally impossible to move positions, which is why i left. I found myself getting more and more responsibility as well as developing new tools for the company and never being monetarily compensated. My title and pay was the same as the first day i walked in the door.... Operations only seems to care about meeting some quota or fulfill some about of "butts in seats". They dont really care about adequate training. You will need to be comfortable learning on the fly in some what high pressure situations. Especially during busy seasons. You can end up being deployed right into a busy season and get hammered. They look to advertise a "leverage internal talent" approach to hiring which i found to be absolutely not true. Some managers are great, others are terrible. Its the luck of the draw who you ger placed with. There doesnt seem to be any regulations on manager performance. From what ive heard, some managers can be a nightmare. Any manager ive had was great though.

Advice to Management

Follow through on what you promise to your employees Stop trying to sell your dated products and invest in modern tech Leverage internal talent before outside hiring Dont over-cram your employees with responsibilities and not compensate them.

Thomson Reuters2019-09-12
  1. "It was the best"

Current Contractor - Product Support Associate

I have been working at Thomson Reuters for less than a year

Pros

Employees and managers that care about you, and consider your success as well. Even though my contract with them ended (Which was due to my school schedule not permitting me time to work fully) they still helped and encouraged me,

Cons

Not really, but I'll say there should be more things added for contracts, such as if they want to volunteer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the wonderful work, I hope to work as a Software engineer in the future with you guys.

Thomson Reuters2019-10-17

"Entry Level Start"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid base salary and commission. Target is 60k. After one year you will get promoted to a better role (If you hit your numbers). It is not too difficult to hit your numbers... Come in, make your calls and emails and you will probably hit. However, there are some segments where is is not as easy. Managers are very helpful and resourceful with networking and career progression. Great place to come and grow... your career and to foster networking. Also, work stays at work and you have nothing to take home or work from home on.

Cons

Corporate kool-aid here sometimes. Sometimes too relaxed of a culture. There are some examples of unreachable sales numbers. Also, this company can be clickie*, being on an entry level team, the age range is around 23-25, and a lot of people come in as unprofessional and they act like they are still in college or High School. There are groups that don't talk to anyone because they are together and they make no... effort to interact with anyone on their teams.

Advice to Management

ALWAYS try to be a grunt. Managers need to know what we are going through on a daily basis. My managers have been great, but i know some teams that lack good leadership. Shadow your team members and have 1 on 1's whenever possible.

Thomson Reuters2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Thomson Reuters.