Thomson Reuters - Good place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Copy Writer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid, global company with good people

Cons

Trying to survive rounds of layoffs

Thomson Reuters2019-09-15

Thomson Reuters Response

September 26, 2019Global Employer Branding Lead

We appreciate the feedback and appreciate your 10+ years of service. We do recognize that we have gone through a tremendous amount of change at TR. One of those changes, in particular, has been that we have gone through a process to significantly delayer/reduce the amount of middle management in the organization in order to empower employees to better serve our customers and move faster. The new TR is a much more dynamic, fast-moving organization.

1. "Internationally known financial industry, including all of the Exchanges."

Former Employee - Production Support Engineer

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Competent, capable and articulate individual with special talent for distributed system environments

Cons

Excellent time management and collaborative skills; proven ability in identifying needs and enhancing operational efficiencies.

Thomson Reuters2019-05-05

Thomson Reuters Response

May 16, 2019Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for your review and valued contribution. We agree that when you work at Thomson Reuters, you’re partnering with the industry’s brightest thinkers. We are always looking at ways to make improvements and we thank you for your feedback.

2. "Entry Level Start"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid base salary and commission. Target is 60k. After one year you will get promoted to a better role (If you hit your numbers). It is not too difficult to hit your numbers... Come in, make your calls and emails and you will probably hit. However, there are some segments where is is not as easy. Managers are very helpful and resourceful with networking and career progression. Great place to come and grow... your career and to foster networking. Also, work stays at work and you have nothing to take home or work from home on.

Cons

Corporate kool-aid here sometimes. Sometimes too relaxed of a culture. There are some examples of unreachable sales numbers. Also, this company can be clickie*, being on an entry level team, the age range is around 23-25, and a lot of people come in as unprofessional and they act like they are still in college or High School. There are groups that don't talk to anyone because they are together and they make no... effort to interact with anyone on their teams.

Advice to Management

ALWAYS try to be a grunt. Managers need to know what we are going through on a daily basis. My managers have been great, but i know some teams that lack good leadership. Shadow your team members and have 1 on 1's whenever possible.

Thomson Reuters2019-10-15

Discover more reviews about Thomson Reuters.