Thomson Reuters - Major rich player | Glassdoor

"Major rich player"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very successful, well established and rich. Very good employee benefits, holiday entitlement, higher than average wages, professional HR people, helpful and well organised. Working for a big company usually brings extra security, but the great advantage of TR is that you benefit from its structure, without feeling over pressured. Great Christmas party too.

Cons

I have only worked for a year and I have no complaints whatsoever. I wish I was able to continue working for them.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

1. "Large enterprise, with diverse businesses"

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Global outlook, people oriented, well regarded in market

Cons

Diverse business lines, complex structure, needs to run faster

Advice to Management

Streamline structure, be closer to markets

"A purely financially-driven corporate that lost its soul"

Current Employee - Mid-senior Manager
    Current Employee - Mid-senior Manager

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worldwide company, opportunity to interact with great people working everywhere

Cons

Talking about Financial & Risk division. What is written in the other reviews is absolutely true: this company is always finding a good excuse to re-organise at least every year. You can have great career opportunities so long as you're well politically positioned and based in the major centers (NYC, London in essence). Management seem to have been recruited on the same mould: they do not (don't know how to) listen. They're all after their own numbers, short term and maintain the organization's structure so no dissonant voice can be heard (let's not even talk about HR...).
    In fact, this is more than ever about greed: spending less and less yet seeking more and more, effectively driving people by fear (I don't think it's intentional but rather the result of some people's incompetence).
    Hence the regular major marketing campaign in this company: yearly layoffs (contractors welcome to do the work that the people laid off were doing).
    Nonetheless, the senior management commonly shows great sense of humour: a staff survey is released every year asking if staff believe that senior management cares about the well-being of their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop transforming this company against its employees.
    Learn what "emotional intelligence" is, reckon that you're essentially poor about it and leave the seat to someone else who will adopt a healthier approach.