Thomson Reuters - Time to leave. | Glassdoor

"Time to leave."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy commute on the western suburbs of Milwaukee. Was once a great company. Years ago, the financial industry was flush with cash.

Cons

Would not recommend if looking for employment in the U.S.A, as company will continue to decrease number of employees.

Advice to Management

Someday, upper management will be shrunk, better have an exit strategy.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

1. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Laid back atmosphere..Co workers really help each other to accomplish tasks. Pay is good but nothing compared to what you would someplace else.

Cons

Managers don't provide much help in advancing your career and seem to be more interested into how they will move up in the company..Most development and BA work has almost been entirely transition to Bangalore..Meaning lots of layoffs. No external training and bonuses/promotions are almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Start providing more direction to your employees.

2. "Good company to work for, nice culture, promote diversity and good work balance."

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thomson Reuters is a "OK" company to work for, the company promotes diversity, has a nice culture, good work balance and reasonable compensation and benefits.

Cons

Thomson Reuters has bough to many other companies and products over the past 3 years, a regular employee can't tell what the company is about in a few words and won't know what the people around is up to, because there is too many products and people from different companies that are not integrated within the Thomson Reuters culture, so I think the company is facing a identity crisis.

Advice to Management

I understand the company has a plan and is working hard to integrate all the products, but they are not integrating the people. The people is the most valuable asset and they should be integrated and work as a team. We provide information to our customers but we are failing to provide internal information and communication to our own people, specially between different areas.