Thomson Reuters - Great, and then horrible | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Great, and then horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

they were flexible, nice, decent pay...

Cons

but then really bad management took over and no one seemed to be held accountable, and the managers pretty much ruined the whole team and created very poor morale. Within our group, it seemed bad managers stayed in place who had an in with their superiors, even though they definitely should have been removed.

Advice to Management

Please listen to all of your employees, not just your buddies directly under you.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

"I was disappointed with the internship"

Former Intern - Business Technology Intern in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Intern - Business Technology Intern in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Thomson Reuters as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The fellow employees that work at Thomson Reuters are pretty chill and down to Earth. It was easy to make friends because rarely anyone enjoys the work so its easy to bond over.

Cons

1. The hours are extremely long and for the 4.5 months I was there I was only able to take a 30 minute lunch daily. Also, the scheduling team would schedule longer hours for employees with only a couple days notice, so I was forced to cancel plans with family because I had been assigned to work.
    2. Tax season is a stressful time, so when customers call in because there is a problem with their software they are usually not happy about it. A lot of the customers would be extremely disrespectful on the phone and say rude and degrading things to me on the phone, which put me in a bad mood frequently.
    3. The training at Thomson Reuters is extremely outdated and not comprehensive enough. My team was trained for 3 weeks then we were on our own answering the phone for 10 hours each day about UltraTax software. We were not prepared, which frustrated customers more.
    4. Thomson Reuters was understaffed so there was usually a long wait for customers to speak with a representative, which left them unhappy with the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is actually happening throughout the company instead of staying in your own bubble throughout the day.

"Lack of good management"

Current Employee - Data Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working with smart and knowledgable people, and benefits are still better than many other companies. Although after the TR merger they have been hit bad, but if you are exReuters you may still be among the few who is enjoying 5 weeks vacay time.

Cons

Constant reorg and restructuring. Constant lay offs.

Advice to Management

Need a better senior manahement.