Thomson Reuters - Dynamic | Glassdoor

"Dynamic"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are a major information/ technology company. Throughout my time there I have been given the opportunity to do many things and was provided numerous opportunities for advancement. They have tons of content and technology to utilize it. My exposure had been in the financial services section and I never once found work boring as their industry is so dynamic. I am a lifer here at Thomson Reuters and never really looked for employment outside. Many people who do leave do come back and I think that says something. Thomson Reuters is also very open to taking back prior talent.

Cons

Sometimes the fact that is that they are so big they can get out of their own way. Thomson Reuters was built on acquisition. It is like a big lego set that has pieces that don't always fit together. Also working there has been like being on the game show survivor as I had to pass many layoff waves as they reshape themselves to meet the demands of the market place. I feel as they have let people go there has a been brain drain losing people who have amassed knowledge that can not be replaced. Some skills and knowledge are so company specific that they don't translate well outside.

Advice to Management

People are the most important commodity to any business.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

"It is research Intern about Quantative finance"

Current Intern - Research Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Research Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Obtained many knowledge about Quantative finance by researching in the fluctuation of stock price. Good work condition with many smart guys.

Cons

The networking is very limited here, and just meet with team members every time. More important, the work opportunity is very limited. It is hard to become a full time employee after Intern.

Advice to Management

Provide more networking between coworkers. And give more opportunities or information to Intern who really have ability to work there.

2. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance.
    Open source technologies

Cons

No solid leadership
    Lots of reorgs

Advice to Management

Communicate visions more clearly to the employees