Thomson Reuters - Experience depends on the BU. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"Experience depends on the BU."

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Technology Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large company, lots of opportunities to move around hence it makes it attractive to move around and get experience in different areas of the business.

Cons

Needs to me more competitive in the market to hire and retain talent. Also, company needs to provide more incentives to employees.

Advice to Management

Do more to retain your best talent and develop them.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

1. "Experience varies depending on business unit"

Former Employee - Applications Services Engineer in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Applications Services Engineer in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team was small (~6 employees) hosting application services for the eGRC application.
    - Many opportunities for comraderie.
    - Plymouth office has a relaxed dress code, so I wore jeans nearly every day except when there was an important visitor.
    - High degree of access to application environment. Did not feel operationally restricted.
    - ITIL Change Management meant increasingly strict maintenance windows and planning. (Less unplanned overtime.)
    - Vacations were encouraged as a full break and not expected to check email.
    - General spirit of tolerance and HR sensitivity are strongly encouraged.
    - Other teams were generally pleasant to work with.

Cons

- ITIL processes and change management were just starting and needed some work. Change Management was unwieldy.
    - Many conflicting priorities (2nd level support, after-hours maintenance, provisioning and some project/development work expected.)
    - On call (on rotation) was sometimes very busy, demanding 6, 7 or 8 hours of work on top of a normal shift.
    - Some legacy personnel are hard to deal with, sometimes contemptuous or condescending.
    - I was laid off from an already short-staffed team. Company upper management is not sensitive to the needs of the business unit.

Advice to Management

- Continue work on ITIL Service Catalog and streamlining of ITIL processes as well as business/technical processes.
    - Continue to encourage atmosphere of respect and tolerance, particularly for legacy personnel.
    - Upper management needs to be aware of the needs of the business unit regarding staffing cuts. Staffing cuts may destroy the business unit.

2. "Great opportunities, bad timing"

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid firm with great work/life balance. Though just an intern, I felt welcomed by my dept and worked on much more than just data entry. Would've accepted a FT offer, but they weren't hiring.

Cons

I really couldn't complain much about my time there. I enjoyed the people I worked with and am still considering returning.