Thomson Reuters - One of the most valuable learning experiences of my career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

"One of the most valuable learning experiences of my career"

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in New York, NY
Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, great people to work with, exposure to very sophisticated processes/practices. Lots of opportunity to learn from both peers and superiors.

Cons

It's a huge company, so only the general downsides to that. I didn't get to know others in my same organization as much as I wanted.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

1. "Great people and place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of talented staff, great culture (flexible hours, no micromanagement etc). Also excellent career pathways. Company is extremely ethical and treats staff professionally, respectfully and equally.

Cons

Too much restructuring, extremely complex organizational structure, lack of focus and decentralized decision making.

Advice to Management

Need to give new structures time to take effect before restructuring - massive change comes too frequently, with a lack of effective change management each time. Need to abolish ivory towers.

"Executive Management Just Wants "To Manage The Message""

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You just have to work up to a competent level and remember not to volunteer for any projects. This is no reward to hard work other than get more work at same pay. The Human Resources function is the worst in Corporate America as they protect the worst common denominator of lazy employee while the productive employees get beat down by the process.

A Bad Process beats down Good People every time. ThomasReuters is the living example. Lazy employees love this place for the lack of demands on them that they have to pay attention to. A Manager's speech about doing things better, more efficient, etc. is just "White Noice" to be forgotten as soon as its heard.

Cons

Eagan, Minn is the perfect location for a Passive Aggressive Management Team that say "Yes" to everything and they immediately search for a way to get out of the work, including dumping it on their Peers.

Management is going through its newest cost cutting process to outsource everything possible, including the entire Accounting & Finance Function. "Move it to India" is the new battle cry.

Finally, good luck getting hired here for Human Resources is run poorly out of Egan, Minn and they rely on the computer to do all their work - which means nothing gets done and people can't get through to be hired.

Advice to Management

As former Cowboy Head Coach Jerry Jones used to say, "Anyone can Talk the Talk, but can your Walk the Walk?" In thirty years of Corporate America, I've never seen a Management Team that is a complete disconnect between the Message and the Actions.