Cover image for Thomson Reuters

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company Who Invests In Employees For The Long Term

Sep 21, 2022 - Product Support Associate in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong benefits package that goes well beyond health insurance and the usual. Strong training process that lets you hit the ground running. Reasonable expectations with regards to call volume, even in the short busy seasons of a few weeks in April and October. Company makes employees feel valued out of the gate, and has reasonable policies generally administered by actual humans with the ability to make decisions. Hours are perfectly reasonable, even in the busy season. "OT" means 4-8 hours a week at most, not the brutal meaning most companies attribute to it. The pay is above market, the position is permanently WFH. Company absolutely does not tolerate inappropriate behavior, but also encourages mutual understanding if there is a concern.

Cons

Haven't found any to speak of so far. It's still early, but I'm looking forward to a career path. The default is 12 months in-role before applying for internal opportunities, but with manager/team lead approval, this can be shortened as/when appropriate.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly people

Dec 3, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers and leaders open to connecting Opportunities for internal movement

Cons

As with any big company, layoffs is a fear

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Very positive overall

Dec 2, 2022 - Legal Research Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are everything! I have met 4-6 close friends that I plan on keeping in touch with forever. I have not even yet met these people in real life, as this was a remote position. Every person with whom I have dealt is respectful and worthy of respect.

Cons

The contract-to -permanent employment may not be an option, as I am 28 days away from my contract renewal (for the fifth time; total 15 month duration to date) and have not yet been offered a permanent position. Fingers are still optimistically crossed that I will find a permanent home here.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Thomson Reuters.

Thomson Reuters Careers

Cover image for Thomson Reuters

About Thomson Reuters Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find...More

• Our Careers

+ Add Photo
Thomson Reuters photo of: Working At TR
Thomson Reuters photo of: La mejor vista desde la oficina
Thomson Reuters photo of: Aniversario de los empleados
Thomson Reuters photo of: Nuestra Matrix, el principal foro de reuniones.
Thomson Reuters photo of: Interns