ThoughtSpot - Excellent mid tier growth company | Glassdoor

"Excellent mid tier growth company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.)Flex time off: Having No max to the amount of days off is a huge value. ThoughtSpot has flex time off meaning you can take as many days off as your manager will approve. I personally have never seen someone get rejected for time off. You also have the flexibility to live your life when things come up. I have had a scenario for example where I needed to abruptly leave due to a emergency surgery happening on my grandfather and there was no questions asked about leaving. 2.)Unique product: ThoughtSpot is one of a kind in its ability to provide self service analytics via search at scale. This was the primary reason for TS being named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. 3.) Rapid Growth = Opportunity: Since ThoughtSpot is growing so fast, there are new roles/titles regularly being added. Promotions from within are the norm for ThoughtSpot employees that excel in their past and current roles. I have seen many of my colleagues including myself be promoted in the 11 months I have been with ThoughtSpot.

Cons

1.) Change: When you are growing fast you have to be nimble and nimble means change. Many consider change bad because its a shock to the system when something changes from the norm. ThoughtSpot is constantly changing the way it operates and though it is necessary for continued growth it can be frustrating in the moment. 2.) Abrupt Departures: ThoughtSpot does a great job of training and providing resources to its employees, but not performing is not tolerated. I have worked in environments where it seem like colleagues could do anything(or nothing) and still have a job... This is NOT the case with ThoughtSpot. Whether it's not performing or being more of a hassle then you are worth, I have seen a couple of people be abruptly let go without prior notice. At least this was the impression.

Continue reading
    ThoughtSpot2019-09-05
  1. "All in one"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive and family-centered culture, motivating, focus-driven and benefits

Cons

Cliques by certain departments, diversity is still a challenge

ThoughtSpot2020-03-18
  2. "What is it like working at ThoughtSpot"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

ThoughtSpot is by far the best company I have worked for in my career. Why? 1) People: people are incredibly smart and yet super approachable and willing to go out of their way to teach you new skills. It is a great place for engineers to grow and learn. 2) Ownership: you can shape the direction of the product. At ThoughtSpot, if you have a good idea for a feature and can back it with data, your feature will get on the roadmap. I am amazed to see that ideas brought by engineers 1-2 years out of college make their way to the final product. 3) Selfless excellence: at ThoughtSpot, we strive for a culture of selfless excellence. It means: be excellent at your job, without the politics. From my experience, ThoughtSpot has zero politics. No one is competing with anyone else; we all feel part of one big winning team. 4) Product: our innovation is really mind-blowing. We are working on one of the hardest AI problems: how to take human questions and translate them to code and return an answer in less than 200 milliseconds. This requires innovation in: high speed distributed systems, state of the art NLP, beautiful visualization. Our technical stack goes very deep. 5) Customers: our customers love us, as evidenced by the daily feedback we collect. It is very satisfying as an engineer to see how the features we release empower employees in the the most influential companies in the world. 6) Leadership: want to grab lunch with the CEO? Discuss a technical problem with the CTO? Even though they are super busy (they truly are...) and are managing hundreds of people, they always make themselves extremely accessible.

Cons

This is a company for highly motivated employees. You are expected to be resourceful and proactive. You won't find a lot of micromanagement.

Continue reading
    ThoughtSpot2020-03-04

Discover more reviews about ThoughtSpot.