ThoughtSpot - Great people, without the egos | Glassdoor
  1. "Great people, without the egos"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a great place to work; tons of very smart and committed people who are willing to help the people around them, and nearly none of the common problems around lack of humility. Couldn't have asked for a better first place to work.

Cons

They struggled with diversity. I do believe that management values diversity highly, but I think things just were too unbalanced too early to make a full recovery.

ThoughtSpot2019-11-18
  1. "All in one"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive and family-centered culture, motivating, focus-driven and benefits

Cons

Cliques by certain departments, diversity is still a challenge

ThoughtSpot2020-03-18
  2. "What is it like working at ThoughtSpot"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ThoughtSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

ThoughtSpot is by far the best company I have worked for in my career. Why? 1) People: people are incredibly smart and yet super approachable and willing to go out of their way to teach you new skills. It is a great place for engineers to grow and learn. 2) Ownership: you can shape the direction of the product. At ThoughtSpot, if you have a good idea for a feature and can back it with data, your feature will get on the roadmap. I am amazed to see that ideas brought by engineers 1-2 years out of college make their way to the final product. 3) Selfless excellence: at ThoughtSpot, we strive for a culture of selfless excellence. It means: be excellent at your job, without the politics. From my experience, ThoughtSpot has zero politics. No one is competing with anyone else; we all feel part of one big winning team. 4) Product: our innovation is really mind-blowing. We are working on one of the hardest AI problems: how to take human questions and translate them to code and return an answer in less than 200 milliseconds. This requires innovation in: high speed distributed systems, state of the art NLP, beautiful visualization. Our technical stack goes very deep. 5) Customers: our customers love us, as evidenced by the daily feedback we collect. It is very satisfying as an engineer to see how the features we release empower employees in the the most influential companies in the world. 6) Leadership: want to grab lunch with the CEO? Discuss a technical problem with the CTO? Even though they are super busy (they truly are...) and are managing hundreds of people, they always make themselves extremely accessible.

Cons

This is a company for highly motivated employees. You are expected to be resourceful and proactive. You won't find a lot of micromanagement.

Continue reading
    ThoughtSpot2020-03-04

Discover more reviews about ThoughtSpot.