ThoughtWorks - Great place to start and advance career | Glassdoor

"Great place to start and advance career"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many amazing people to learn from and a wide variety of projects with different technology stacks in different industries. I learned many best practices of software development from my time at ThoughtWorks.

Cons

You can’t always be staffed on an ideal project. Traveling can be a downside depending on the person.

ThoughtWorks2019-07-28
  1. "Great"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

Good things and other things

Cons

Stuff things and so on

ThoughtWorks2019-09-08

"Great people"

Former Employee - Consultant Developer

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Awesome culture / people - I always had at least two other women on my team, often more. - Travel (which can also be a con sometimes) - You can live anywhere as long as you can get to an airport - Did I mention the people are awesome?

Cons

- Client culture is not always as great as TW culture - Personally, I didn't like that people leads are non-technical / do not have any experience in professional services, especially because as a new grad they play a big role in staffing you - Speaking of staffing, it's definitely dependent on who you know / how well you can network, despite leaderships attempts to change that. Senior people "staff themselves" on the projects they want all the time. - What you work on depends on what projects are available, not a lot of opportunities to work on new and exciting tech - Your experience can vary wildly depending on project and client - Having to bill 40 hours to the client each week (on top of travel) makes people less willing to participate in office events, internal initiatives, etc. - Pay is low for tech - Ironically, I wanted to travel but kept getting staffed locally (lots of people have the opposite problem) - Certain leadership seemed more focused on selling work than making sure the consultants already at the client were happy there

ThoughtWorks2019-12-01

Discover more reviews about ThoughtWorks.