ThoughtWorks - Making the world a better place, At least the software development industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ThoughtWorks

"Making the world a better place, At least the software development industry"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Why I love working here
1) Your colleagues are incredibly talented, extremely diverse(I mean it and be prepared for it) and lot of fun.
2) Everyone actually care about the quality of the code and improving software development process. You get to transform big software companies and make it agile and make programming fun for your client developers.
3) Travel (This is both pro and con, sometimes i love travelling)
4) It is actually a company with a conscience. Yes I know everyone says that, but here you actually get a chance to make world a better place, and sometimes stop bad people from making it a bad place.

Cons

Travel
Some Clients can be boring, and unwilling to change. Well you can only do so much.

Other Employee Reviews for ThoughtWorks

"Great technical skills, but the rest needs overhauling"

Former Employee - Demand
    Former Employee - Demand

I worked at ThoughtWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart technical staff that are passionate about their field. Delivery of quality product is consistent.

Cons

No sales culture. company is struggling trying to find a way to mature in the US. Seems other countries have it nailed down and can be business relevant. US lacks quality leadership. This isn't a club it is a business. Make your clients first and the rest will follow.
    Financial model of the firm leads to constant fire drills around revenue. Causes un-natural behavior and always managing for the short term vs long term goals.
    Attitude toward customers is embarrassing at times. Old school employees need to understand that TW needs customers as much as customers need TW. They pay us which means they pay YOU! get off your high horses.
    While they push the idea of open and honest communication, most people don't really want to hear your views if they are different from the masses. Hypocritical at best.

Advice to Management

in 2 years I never saw anyone but the Chairman in the office (not Chicago). And he was there for his own agenda and didn't spend anytime talking to anyone. Gracing us with your faces via web meetings once in a while doesn't work.
    Get your finances in order.

2. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ThoughtWorks full-time

Pros

Great colleagues. A lot of growth if you can sustain the travel. If you like challenges, this is the place to be.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult to maintain. Might feel isolated from the home office if you don't visit the TW office regularly.