Thrillist Media Group - I loved working with this company! | Glassdoor
  1. "I loved working with this company!"

Former Freelancer - Co-Host

I worked at Thrillist Media Group for less than a year

Pros

This company was incredible to work for. Great people, great ideas and treated freelance employees really well.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Thrillist Media Group2019-03-21

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fine"

Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Thrillist Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

talented people, good friends, good skills learned, great client relationships

Cons

poor management, lack of integrity

Thrillist Media Group2019-09-09
  2. "You're just a tool, and they treat you like one."

Former Freelancer - Freelancer in New York, NY

I worked at Thrillist Media Group for more than 10 years

Pros

The snacks are good, some of the producers and staff are extremely talented. They pay on time -- actually a way faster turnaround than most...

Cons

...but the day rates are 30-40% less than market at other corporate media companies. This is unacceptable, especially since in some cases the people doing the hiring are specifically looking to include women and others who are often underpaid in the market. Producers and editors are overwrought and seem like they would rather be elsewhere. Management seems less on top of their game than the people doing the day... to day work. Timelines and deadlines seem to change daily, and your workflow will be affected negatively. One day you will be literally sitting there in the office with nothing to do, or you're proactively asking for things critical to the work that you are doing that were not provided. The next morning you'll walk in and be expected to deliver on an impossible deadline, only possible if nothing goes wrong. And something always goes wrong. You will always feel like an outsider, and when your gig is done, you will get no feedback nor replies to emails, even if you were given nothing but positive feedback about your work on site. Oh, and you will actually overhear management insulting freelancers (often when they are on their lunch breaks, which they are not encouraged to take) to other management. Or even to other freelancers. Super unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Freelancers talk. A lot. Remember this.

Thrillist Media Group2019-09-09

Discover more reviews about Thrillist Media Group.