Thumbtack - Great place to intern and learn more about marketing services online | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

"Great place to intern and learn more about marketing services online"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Internship spanned across multiple areas of the start up process, given the chance to gain experience in all areas of building a site geared toward services. Daily interaction with executives, all managers are very open to answer questions and assist with any problems, completely hands on. Continuous learning environment. Gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time. Environment reminded me of Google, interns could come to work in comfortable clothing, use their own laptops, and were given free range of offices to choose the most comfortable work environment; believed that if interns were comfortable, there would be great efficiency and productivity.

Cons

During my internship at Thumbtack I can honestly say there were no downsides. The executives/managers even brought in a chef to cook interns lunch and dinner so that we could continue working while getting a great meal!

Advice to Management

As mentioned before, GREAT MANAGEMENT! Extremely hands on and friendly, complete transparency and trust from the CEO down to each intern.

Other Employee Reviews for Thumbtack

1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time

Pros

- Relevant product in a large market
    - Great work/life balance
    - Opportunity for everyone to make a big impact
    - Inspiring management with clear long term vision
    - Positive company culture with tons of smart people
    - Transparent decision making
    - AMAZING culinary team

Cons

- Competitive industry
    - Growing pains as a start up
    - Highly data driven, which can stifle creativity and big-picture thinking

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Public image is far off from reality"

Pros

The culinary staff and the meals they provided were amazing. I also really enjoyed the awesome office layout/design. It felt like you weren't going into work, but rather a really cool and trendy cafe or coffee shop.

Cons

The leadership is incredibly disappointing and there was a ton of nepotism and elitism amongst them. During my time there, I saw 3 VPs let go who all had much more experience than the founders who never worked in tech prior to starting the company. Though a startup, they acted like they were already an established company 5x the size.

Advice to Management

Learn to be humble and not just hire your friends and former consultants because you think they're smart. Being smart is one thing, but being smart and having the right experience goes so much further.

Thumbtack Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Social Media Support Manager

We’re incredibly sorry that was your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share that feedback with us. We value our employees, which is why we strive to put our best people in positions to ... More