Thumbtack - Thumbtack is an incredible place to work in a contagious collaborative environment with very sharp people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Thumbtack

"Thumbtack is an incredible place to work in a contagious collaborative environment with very sharp people."

Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thumbtack has been a dream place to work at - everyone here is super smart, driven, and cares about the customers and professionals we are striving to help achieve. The startup environment is still very much alive, and there are so many perks of working here it's hard to describe - incredible breakfast/lunch/dinners, rooftop deck, a kegerator, and all the snacks you could ever want. But the backbone of the company is the incredible coworkers I'm lucky enough to work with daily.

Cons

We move lightning quick - sometimes it's tough to keep track of everything happening at once, but that is also part of the experience. I will forever be a better person because of my time here.

Advice to Management

I've never questioned the decisions made by everyone in senior management here. The benefits/compensation are second to none - more than I could have ever dreamed. Training is sometimes reactive, but it can be difficult to gauge what is needed ahead of time in a startup environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Thumbtack

"Cool place to work - hip, friendly, and lots of young, smart people."

I worked at Thumbtack full-time

Pros

Some of the most open minded and intelligent people I've ever worked with. Great food, great culture, great overall feel - I was always excited to come to work there.

Cons

Company has some growing pains and confusion on where leadership comes from.

"There are so many great things about working at Thumbtack."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people that work here are amazing. They are smart, driven, and thoughtful, and most importantly they are people that you want to be around. Thumbtack is a community, and the culture is awesome. Please spend time with each other because they want to. For example, today our book club met (we're reading Season of the Witch--it's great) and we recently started a rock climbing group.
    - The work is meaningful. Thumbtack has helped so many small business owners grow their businesses, and their stories are inspiring.
    - The work is flexible. As a software engineer, I have a lot of autonomy and the freedom to work when and where I am most productive.
    - The company is super transparent.
    - The perks are great. A yoga instructor comes to the office and teaches a class every Thursday morning. We have an amazing chef who cooks super healthy lunch and dinner every day.

Cons

- The office is a little cramped and loud right now, but that's because we're growing so much! We're moving into a new office soon.