Thumbtack - An amazing place | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"An amazing place"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone's really committed to excellence. The people are incredibly friendly, intelligent, and reasonable. Management structure is very flat and highly transparent. The company's mission, to make it easier for small businesses to connect to prospective customers, is very motivating. The food is phenomenal! The working environment is quirky and fun. IT staff is excellent and responsive. I haven't had a negative experience with a single employee. I enjoy coming to work! Terrific benefits and a flexible hours, unlimited PTO policy ensures people stay healthy and rested. I think this company has a tremendous future ahead of it, and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Cons

I live in mid-Peninsula and the commute is a bit longer for me, but I can use the exercise. It's a nice half-hour walk from Caltrain, and only four blocks to BART.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Some #CBB and Some #LoveIts"

Pros

EXCELLENT benefits. Insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, free catered lunch (really high quality food), free snacks, quality/variety of coffee. Wonderful people for the most part to work with. Company does really great things, listens to feedback and implements good things for customers, professionals and employees.

Cons

Expectations are HIGH, stressfully so. Management tries to keep benefits outweighing downsides, but I'm aware of several people who have left company for stress related health problems. Can be hard to keep up a high standard of quality work when it's extremely fast paced. Company is also very clique-ish, it's normal for people to have their groups, but it's extremely divided and is noticeable because it's touted that company is "not" clique-y. Social aspect of work is extremely important to managers, and it can be hard if you don't fit in - just like high school.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep up great work and continue listening to feedback. Promote based on merit rather than social standing.

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because of their high hiring bar they've built a kickass team of smart, talented and awesome people. Great culture, perks and beautiful office. There's a great opportunity for this company to soar.

Cons

Lack of urgency with product changes and updates. The product still has a long way to go and we need to act fast.

Discover more reviews about Thumbtack.