Thumbtack - An amazing place | Glassdoor

An amazing place

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone's really committed to excellence. The people are incredibly friendly, intelligent, and reasonable. Management structure is very flat and highly transparent. The company's mission, to make it easier for small businesses to connect to prospective customers, is very motivating. The food is phenomenal! The working environment is quirky and fun. IT staff is excellent and responsive. I haven't had a negative experience...

Cons

I live in mid-Peninsula and the commute is a bit longer for me, but I can use the exercise. It's a nice half-hour walk from Caltrain, and only four blocks to BART.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting place to work alongside super smart and interesting people. Also, the food really is as good as everyone says.

Cons

Hard to think of any.

Advice to Management

Focus on creating a cohesive Thumbtack brand both through marketing and in the product.

2. Doing it the right way

Current Employee - Senior Brand Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thumbtack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone here is super empowered to contribute. Everyone over-communicates. And the brain power here and confidence is unrivaled.

Cons

Haven't had an opportunity to mingle with engineering and product development yet. I'm on the marketing side, but would be nice to rub elbows with the folks building the product/platform.

Advice to Management

Create a bridge between product development and marketing. There may already be one, but the pathway may be pretty narrow.

Discover more reviews about Thumbtack.