TiVo - Best product, constant training, and positive people make this one of the best employers I ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TiVo

"Best product, constant training, and positive people make this one of the best employers I ever worked for."

Former Employee - Sales and Retention Specialist in Fort Collins, CO
Former Employee - Sales and Retention Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at TiVo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TiVo's call center in Ft Collins, CO offers competitive pay and benefits in one of the most beautiful places to live in the U.S.. I was given ample opportunity to learn and improve my sales and retention skills. They truly cared about me and my success as well as their customers which is an attitude towards employees and customers I never expect from any company.

Cons

They don't have their work from home program going yet or I would still be working for them. Also, Directv is giving them a run for their money with the Genie DVR combined with their sports offerings which has lost them some loyal customers in the last year.

Advice to Management

Add streaming of sports through partnerships with the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL or ESPN.

Other Employee Reviews for TiVo

"Good Technical team"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Alviso, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Alviso, CA

I worked at TiVo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding Engineering team
    Good compensation and benefits
    Good company culture

Cons

Questionable business model.
    Slow to invest in new technologies.
    Hard disk based DVR is loosing its charm.
    Focus is on litigation.

Advice to Management

Invest in engineering to innovate.
    Do more strategic acquisition.

2. "Really Best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alviso, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alviso, CA

I have been working at TiVo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here is really a pleasant experience . There is a balance of work and life in TiVo. Some of the engineers are really awesome and you can learn a lot from them. The fun activities are really nice. You can bring your family and show the culture of TiVo. The directors and VP are dedicated to take company to further levels. It is no longer a "Just" DVR company. They have added many features to the product and their strategy of providing "TiVo" technology to other cable companies across the world is also working great.

Cons

- Though company is making many changes in their product. Costly subscription is really bothering. I think no body cares to reduce that. And also the physical size of the DVR, they should seriously consider to make it small and cute.
    - No 401K match.

Advice to Management

Please focus on reducing the price and monthly subscription of the product. Few people are not buying the product because of high prices.