TicketNetwork - Simply put...A great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TicketNetwork

"Simply put...A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at TicketNetwork full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pros:
• Casual attire is fine, no need to come in a suit every day
• Free food is always nice, so is the free laundry, use of company limo’s and Gym
• Excellent room to advance in the company, meritocracy
• Generous vacation time, especially for long-term employees
• Fun place to work (parties, departmental outings, volleyball court, and game room)
• Opportunities for some travel, depending on department
• You can borrow the company vans (if you’re moving or helping someone move)
• Most department managers are very flexible and accommodating with scheduling and personal matters
• Many different opportunities to excel and advance, even if it’s not in your ‘career of choice’
• 401k matching
• Upper management always available, you can sit down with the CEO, COO or any other leadership within the company and they will actually listen
• Company understands that family comes first and is very generous with personal issues that might arise.

Cons

• The first month or two at the company is very difficult and you are pushed to learn quickly
• Salary/Hourly wages are minimal to start in comparison with other companies in the same field, but you are rewarded based on hard work and merit quite quickly.
• Some department managers can play favorites or be overly political
• The perception exists that some people/departments work very hard, while others float along without contributing very much
• Inconsistent recognition of achievements (some people/departments are recognized at company meetings while other contributors aren’t)
• Annual review process can be confusing and should be based on employees overall contributions to the company.

Advice to Management

The recent changes in upper management have been very positive, keep doing what you are doing, it is great to be part of a growing company that actually cares about it's people, not just the bottom line.

Other Employee Reviews for TicketNetwork

"A great place to grow personally and professionally"

Current Employee - Web Support Engineer in Vernon, CT
    Current Employee - Web Support Engineer in Vernon, CT

I have been working at TicketNetwork full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Exceptional company culture. The environment is very casual: I (a low level employee) would not feel awkward at all reaching out to my supervisor, manager, director, CFO, or CEO with my concerns. And the CEO can be found walking around talking to employees in jeans and a button-down shirt. Pretty cool.
    - Promotion opportunities. I've read some other reviewers that list this as a con, but I think they couldn't be further from the truth. TN really needs good, intelligent people, especially in engineering. But guess what: software development is hard work. You're not going to be able to sit all day on Facebook (or Glassdoor >.>) and expect a promotion. Make it clear you want to move up, work hard, and get noticed.
    - Flexibility. Sick? Sure you can take sick time, or you can just work from home. Snowing? Don't risk it: work from home. Commute from an hour away and it starts raining fire during work hours? The company will spot you a hotel room. Very convenient.
    - Good work/life balance. Don't confuse this with short hours; you are expected to put in your 40+ a week. However, the company encourages recreation (people play ping pong and poker on breaks) and sponsors a huge number of clubs for its size. If you're interested in something, it's either already here or you can create it yourself.
    - Perks. Let me know if you find another company that has free meals (a $5,000/yr value, easily), coffee, soda, popcorn, a gym, a ping pong table, a pool table, and frequent company-sponsored events, parties, and luncheons. Oh, and there is a limo service.

Cons

Lest you think I am just trying to sell the company, let me include some of my criticism of the company.
    - Disorganized middle management. Most of management is competent (or better), they just have a tough time getting projects and initiatives moving. Politics do play an important role here.
    - Salary. This has been explained elsewhere as well, but starting salaries are not very competitive, though you can live on them. Perks (mostly the food) make up for this somewhat.
    - Communication. Don't confuse this to mean availability; most employees and managers are very open to conversation. However, most is done through instant messaging... not the most effective solution.

Advice to Management

Get organized, get everyone a phone, pay your employees higher wages if you want to retain the best talent, and give your web support and design teams more love ;)

"Fantastic. Management is terrific. Best job I ever had."

Current Employee - Product Manager in South Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Product Manager in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at TicketNetwork full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial. Technology. Freedom for decision making. Free food. It's a great place to work

Cons

None noticed that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing