Time Inc. - Excellent company | Glassdoor

"Excellent company"

Pros

Smart people who are dedicated to improving brands especially in digital sphere
Good summer opportunity
well respected brand
Great internship experience

Cons

Need to innovate more
Print media is dying, jobs are being cut, revenues are down

Advice to Management

Find ways to become highly profitable again

Other Employee Reviews for Time Inc.

1. "Time has great benefits and good cache, but just be prepared to work your butt off."

Pros

Time Inc. offers its employees great benefits and time off. It offers classes, plenty of events from affinity groups, and has a nice cafeteria. But the work culture very much depends on the division or title you work for. I personally have never had to work so hard and such long hours as I have at Time. A lot of smart and capable people work here, and not as much of the snobby consumer mag culture as at other media companies like Conde Nast.

Cons

Be prepared to hit the ground running...it's is very much baptism by fire. Also, my personal experience has been that there's so much work to do that I've never managed to use all my vacation in the five years I've worked here. You're also far removed from upper management. I don't think they are in tuned with who does the real groundwork. Also, Time Inc. really likes to tout moving around inside the company, but I personally haven't seen many people leave one division or magazine to move to another.

Advice to Management

Be more knowledgeable about who does what on the front lines, and reward those folks accordingly.

2. "Ok -- but needs real leaders"

I have been working at Time Inc. full-time

Pros

Great brands, long history, products you can be proud of, if any publisher can make the switch to digital w/o imploding it's this one.

Cons

Very cost constrained environment, especially in past six months. hr outside of TL building is totally absent and policies are unpublished, too difficult to launch new products because of weak business environment and fuzzy leadership vision. Too difficult to network across departments.

Advice to Management

Build a world-class HR function. Invest in external training.