Time Inc. - Overall, great experience | Glassdoor

"Overall, great experience"

Current Intern - Consumer Insights Intern in New York, NY
Current Intern - Consumer Insights Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Even though the work I'm doing isn't completely interesting to me career-wise, everyone in this company is fantastic to work with. Everyone is nice/friendly, helpful, and they don't look down on you because you're an intern. Always free coffee, and my group has a social free food meeting every other Thursday. Every Time Inc magazine is available for you to read for free at anytime, and the location is prime near Central Park & Times Square.

Cons

Pay is low, there are no benefits, and the company is doing more layoffs than hiring because of the declining magazine industry.

Advice to Management

Engage in more contact with interns, they could use your mentoring.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Inc.

1. "Publishing company still trying to play in the new media space"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Publisher in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good vacation policy, decent salaries. People tend to stay a long time and have opportunities to move around in the company.

Cons

Still very collegial and political although they don't see themselves that way. Senior management at each magazine are very stressed because they need to find ways to compensate for declining print dollars without having a lot of scale in the online space.

Advice to Management

Stop spending time talking about how great our legacy brands are and understand that people want engaging content no matter where it comes from.

2. "Great!"

Pros

Nurturing managers who want to see you succeed. Was an environment where others listened and considered my ideas. There was also solid work-life balance-- there were many extracurricular groups which met outside of work hours for social events and happy hours, and held seminars to educate about non-work related topics.

Cons

Publishing industry is in decline, but Time Inc. has a strong vision and persistent leadership. Am curious to see how the company will do in coming years.