Time Warner Cable - Need better organization in direct sales department | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

"Need better organization in direct sales department"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Direct sales is working on improving their department. Has been low morale but it may be improving a bit.

Cons

Need to let employees work instead of having meetings in office taking time away from ability to make a living. Micro managing a sales rep just adds stress and low morale to get sales. Compensate employees for time spent in meetings since taking them away from field.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and having meetings everyday. Boost employees instead of stressing them out everyday. Figure out a better system for turning in orders that works for employee rather than just you.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

1. "Excellent Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved my time at TWC. I worked in the legal department with terrific people in a real "family" atmosphere. My boss was wonderful, and the experience I acquired during my time there led me to where I am today. There were quite a few perks that the company offered, too.

Cons

If you're in an administrative position, upward mobility is rare to impossible. Salary is so-so. Fine if you don't have a family to support.

2. "Great Summer Marketing Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Herndon, VA
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Herndon, VA

I worked at Time Warner Cable as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The first day I began my internship, I was immediately given a campaign to review as well as an outline of project tasks for the summer. Being that I work at a faster pace than some of the prior marketing interns, I far exceeded the list of tasks. Thankfully, there was never a lapse in work as the fast paced atmosphere/environment provided me with other numerous opportunities.

Cons

As mentioned in the 'Pros' section, the very first day I was immediately given work. This was great but also overwhelming at first because I was unfamiliar with the industry or the company culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the positive, open, and driven culture that was obvious when I was an intern.