Time Warner Cable - Company has potential to be fast paced leader, but limited by Business As Usual | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

"Company has potential to be fast paced leader, but limited by Business As Usual"

Current Employee - Director in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Director in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial stability is a positive given the state of the economy. If you perform here, you are guaranteed to retirement. Pension and restricted stocks offer great incentive for people to stay with the company.

Cons

Business As Usual (BAU) is a favorite word used here. If you want entreprenuerial environment to capture market share and lead the industry, the company does not foster it.
There is no room for promotion or advancement.
Director position here is similar to senior manager position.

Advice to Management

System, People, and Process. Primary reason why the company is not efficient and moving fast.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

"I once was better that I ever was. But now, I'm better than I once was..."

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time

Pros

While I was employed, best place I ever worked. I enjoyed every bit of my job, the other employees, and the customers. Couldn't say enough good about TWC during my employment.

Cons

Attention all employees... you have no name. You are only a number. Does not matter how hard you work or how good a job you do. Your just a number. Take a good look around and you'll see that everything you do is associated with a number. The work you do, your performance review, just showing up to work correlates to a number in some way. Don't believe me? Call payroll and tell them your John Doe and have a problem with your pay. They say "I need your payroll ID before I can help you. When you log into a secure site what do you use? Another number. Your just a number...

Advice to Management

After leaving the company I returned my digital box to the cable store. I asked the lady at the counter if she could tell me what my bill would be going forward. She looked at me and said "figure it out". So my advice to TWC management is figure it out! You have talented people working there and you treat them like dirt. You have people that couldn't do a descent days work and you "coach" them. A Tech needs a tool to do a job and you're more interested in seeing what time they get to their next job. The way I've see some good employees treated I am amazed that a Union has not flared up.

Keep up the good work management. Enjoy your 20 to 40 % bonuses you get. Lord know you deserve it and not the people actually doing the work...

2. "Has really gone downhill..."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice facility. Have worked in several call centers, easily the nicest of them all. Friendly people work there and lots of incentives for work. Discounted services.

Cons

In the last several years, our commission pay outs have gone down, so in essence, we've had to take a pay cut without having had the decency of being told so, the discounted services we have, used to be free, now we're being charged for them, our systems are constantly not working. Also, having worked there for as long as I have, which is more than a couple years, I have had only one raise and it was 30 cents. Your opportunities for advancement or getting a different shift, should you get onto one you do not like, are very slim also.

Advice to Management

Walk before you run and don't bite off more than you can chew. Also, being paid what we are paid, for the amount of abuse we take, is an absolute joke.