Time Warner Cable - Excellent Company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

"Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work culture. It starts at the top with the support and training you get when you come in, and it filters down to your entire team.

Cons

None actually at this time

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

"Downhill slide, stay away until they sell or stabilize (probably sell)"

Former Employee - Training Manager in Middletown, NY
    Former Employee - Training Manager in Middletown, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, good salary, Middle management very supportive (but their hands are tied), changing constantly, fast paced, very team oriented, locally, employees are very dedicated.

Cons

No communication between local areas and corporate, you are just a number to them, loyalty means nothing, Senior leadership is out of touch with how the business actually runs, lags behind technically

Advice to Management

Listen and work with your employees. Your senior management team is comprised of people who not only have never done the job, but dont solicit input from the people who understand how the day to day business functions. You are a communications company who forgot how to communicate years ago, and it keeps getting worse and worse.

"350 Calls a day, you can have a Bible on your desk but you cant bring your conscience to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I sat next to some wonderful people. We helped each other thru the days of hell. Sitting in the wrong section meant you were with the pot smokers, phone texters and reps who enjoyed hanging up on people. I also got along well with the managers who were wonderful untll the pressure got to them. Most are no longer there.

Cons

Raising your hand to get permission to use the bathroom is degrading. I refused to lie on the phone and follow the script telling people I was a member of the IRA. I was punished for it and had to go with out pay for a few days. It feels like cattle in a pen, the cubicles are tiny and isolating. They have a Dr in the building so you have little reason to leave. The bathrooms are disgusting and usually out of Toilet paper. Most of people who are in the fundraising dept are disabled, overweight with walkers. I worked in Media. The company also comes up with false incentives for raises but by the time you get to where your close to achieving that raise they change policy. I have seen many people lose there raises also. The Christmas party is a joke every year, what a waste of money. How bout Turkeys and a gas card so we can take care of our families? The picnic during the summer is nice because you can bring your family. Otherwise, its slavery with very little rewards.
    There wasn't a day that went by that someone wasn't crying at a cubicle, the ones that weren't were high. I left on good terms and was offered to come back anytime. Gee Thanks.

Advice to Management

I have to direct this to UPPER management. (The guys who arent doing the grunt work.) Ever hear of undercover boss? Try it. I know the economy has put you in a cozy position where you get an endless supply of desperate souls who need a buck. Getting thrown a piece of candy because you made a sale as a reward is horrible. This is the best you can come up with? And yet, we get to have a bible at our desk ONLY,, its pretty hypocritical because the company lacks a soul, a conscience and a sincere desire for customer service to the public and common decency towards employees. I understand if you dont have to give raises, you save money. Training new employees is cheaper than retaining the good employees you have. Just think, in the end, those people who left because of false promises of a raise, pressure, erratic work scheduling and horrible mental and physical working conditions. They are on food stamps and getting assistance. A program to retain these single moms who want to provide and others who are struggling goes beyond the walls of those cubicles. Why not be the Christian company you profess to be? Why not feel beyond your own pockets? If you retained employees, you are keeping families off of welfare. You are effecting the community in a positive way. Either way, you are going to pay. If the company really was lead with Christian ethics you would experience devotion from employees and clients.