Time Warner Cable - TWC experience | Glassdoor

"TWC experience"

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time

Pros

Great benefits, and excellent pay

Cons

Lack of communication between departments creates drawbacks for sales

Advice to Management

Listen to employees who have the most interaction with the customer

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

1. "I knew I wanted another job but I didn't hate it there"

I worked at Time Warner Cable part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Really Flexible Schedule
    -Nice perks, including free cable
    -Good if you want to pursue side projects

Cons

-Some departments are CLEARLY underfunded
    -People didn't want to be there
    -Work sometimes went unnoticed

2. "Great Benefits, Terrible Pay, Incompetent Staff and Big Bothering Supervisors."

Current Employee - Tier III in Cheektowaga, NY
    Current Employee - Tier III in Cheektowaga, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I pay 60 bucks a month for medical and 15 out my pocket each time I visit a doctor, I have paid vacation and a guaranteed paycheck plus a paid certifications and college courses. You also have the opportunity to transfer around the company after six months in that position.

Cons

Salaries at TWC are not competitive and vary up to $3 dollars from city to city, for example a Tier 3 in Austin Tx gets $14 while a Tier 3 in Dallas Tx gets $18. Cable service is not free, therefore your salary can go down if you move, your paid biweekly and the company charges us $45 dollars total for extreme HSD / DP / Cable. The equipment is garbage, I am troubleshooting a customers with windows 8 systems and my very first pc they gave me was a windows 2000 PC, 1 month later I have a Windows XP machine that locks up every few minuets on a call, thus I have to put customers on hold every time. We have two separate billing systems and about 16 different tools alone just to fix DP / HSD issues and we still end up sending it to network engineers. The company also wants us to sell services to customers after they have spoken for 3 or 4 previous representatives. This company also uses sales metrics to monitor for commission and performance, if you can master the numbers game then your commission will be good but if you slip then it will it will be only a few dollars. Bottom line don't come to this company as an Agent, everyone and their grandma are trying to move off the phones as that's where the best jobs are. This company does have a high turn out rate, people come in and meat comes out the other side for customer care and the higher you move up in care the more bad calls get dumped on you. I should also add that Field Technicians and some of the cable store representatives make more than some people in Tier 3 starting as the company is buddy buddy hookup based with jobs. Finally, your locked into your schedules till they do a shift bid which can be up to every two years so the better you sell, the more likely you will get the shift you want, for example I am on the night shift with split days off however most of my classes are offered in the afternoon which I am scheduled to work, therefore I am taking the classes online if possible or at another university in the morning as the company will not accommodate my errors to certifications and to complete my degree.

Advice to Management

Start paying us competitive rates, offer more opportunity to grow within the positions, no more shift bidding bull for schedules, buy new equipment, no big bothering as I don't feel I should not have to sell someone anything when their services are not working and once again pay us more money. Properly train managers, supervisors and leads as none of them know how to enter to order entry in Tier 3. I have yet to see a Supervisor go out of his way to help me better myself, a great example is with individual sales / training, I wanted time to talk to a trainer for a half hour to better myself in order entry and six months later they still have not made time for me so I send after I fix their Tech issues to billing and skip commission period as I don't care. We also make a little under 30k while Yahoo starts pay over 40k for email support only, therefore once my degree is done, I am off to Yahoo if things don't change!