Time Warner Cable - Field | Glassdoor

"Field"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free cable services, supervisors and management can be helpful, They try to put you close to home, there is always work.

Cons

Impossible job goals at times, customer surveys, low pay and raises, low bonuses, the hours, the way they promote people... you have to read a huge book in 3 months or less and if you take the test and fail it you have to pay a couple of hundred dollars.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

"I felt like I was handcuffed to my desk and computer, not allowed to move, talk or read, but answer back to back calls."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time Warner has great benefits like: medical, dental, 401k and free cable, internet and phone services for thier employees. Also Time Warner offers commission on upselling products.

Cons

Time Warner goes too far over micro-managing, there is no option to go to the bathroom you are told to wait for your lunch or breaks. You are not allow to be off the phone at anytime, the call volume is always high. They had the hardest attendance policy of any company I ever worked for. They show no appreciation to their call center employees, we are the first contact to customers. If I was to compare Time Warner to Comcast, both cable giants, I would be very excited and happy to work for Comcast again. They treat thier employees with repect and with great appreciation, they dont just say we appreciate you but they show it.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be alot more accessible and involved, instead of sitting at thier desk all day everyday and not communicating with employees. CEO and VP also need to show thier involvement when it comes to thier call center employees and when visiting dont just visit management, but walk around the call center and talk to the first contacts(employees) thier customers will be talking to.

2. "TWC"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Florence, KY
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Florence, KY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady work in technical department good people to work with

Cons

Pay not great just alright for the job you do lack of communication

Advice to Management

Pay the technical departments more and as their advice they fix and keep everything running