Time Warner Cable - A good stepping stone | Glassdoor

"A good stepping stone"

Current Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pat is decent, especially for someone without a degree. Great benefits, and a 401k match plan.

Cons

Any change is always botched somehow. Either there isn't enough communication between upper management and lower management, or the process simply wasn't thought of.

Advice to Management

Did you even think about how our current migration would effect all of our customers? Or did you just take the idea and run with it? My advice: Better communication with field representatives when implementing change.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits. Lots of company Perks. Chance to meet your favorite TV stars. Chance to advance if you work hard. Decent work/Life balance. Opportunities for OT.

Cons

The pay could be better. Lots of good people, but some of the younger, immature employees take away from the environment.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive of the workers. And listen to them. I think there are a lot of good ideas floating around, but chain of command mentality hinders growth.

2. "Good environment and lots of room for advancement"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment in my center is focused, but not high-stress. The company offers great benefits. The bonuses for entry level employees are good, considering the employment competition in the area, and pay is good all around.

Cons

Decisions for department changes tend to be made with a blanket strategy, without all differences in group responsibilities and requirement being considered.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in mitigating the damaged caused by the changes you make. Consider the consequences felt by your employees before you commit to a decision solely based on budget. The CBS fiasco was unnecessary, considering what was gained, and many more internal decisions have been handled very poorly, when looking at it from an employee's point of view.