Time Warner - A wonderful place to build a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner

"A wonderful place to build a career"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for this major media company is an excellent career move. You collaborate with smart people, and the projects you work on touch millions. Time Warner has worldwide recognition and you actually feel proud of telling people where you work. I felt like I could have worked there my entire career. They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed.

Cons

It's a large company - standing out and making a name for yourself can be a challenge. Bureaucracy and a top heavy management makes it difficult for agile and innovative ideas to move ahead quickly. It's a very safe-place to work, they'd prefer keeping with the status quo rather than taking risks and shifting the company in new uncharted directions.

Advice to Management

Top executives should reach out more often to employees to hear what they have to say (town hall forums). Demonstrate follow-through in performance reviews by rewarding high-achievers.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner

1. "Great benefits,"

Former Employee - Direct Sales in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Direct Sales in Dayton, OH

I worked at Time Warner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, decent work environment, good perks

Cons

Constantly changing pay structure a lot of overtime unrealistic goals

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage

2. "Cowardly executive leadership..."

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Time Warner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, etc

Cons

Pay above market rate; hard to find elsewhere in the area. The Tampa Bay market is depressed salary-wise, unless you're possibly in IT. With the facility shutting down, and the Company offering no opportunities for jobs elsewhere, it will be hard to find comparable pay in the area. Also, lack of executive leadership with starting up new departments - instead of standing firm, leadership cut and run, and thus, we are losing our jobs. Oh well, the Corporate office is in New York, so who cares about people losing their jobs?