Titan Security Group - Terrible Security Company | Glassdoor

"Terrible Security Company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Titan Security Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy assignments
Locally based
Easy hiring prcedure
The building I worked in had very nice tenants
Locations in the loop and the suburbs

Cons

A year ago the large security company I worked for lost the account at the building I worked at and Titan came in. Immediatley I was warned by associates at other companies to stay clear of Titan. I should have taken their advice. Titan is the worst run security company I have ever worked for. They have tried to not pay the contract rate for all current employees. When they do pay you your check always has errors on it. Not just myself but all the staff at the building I work at. They have issues with telling the truth. Finally, if you are an educated, experienced employee you will have a hard time moving up. The few promotions that they do have are "reserved" for Senior Managements friends from past companies. It is a career death trap.

Advice to Management

The number one thing Titan can do to be a better company to work for is be honest.

Titan Security Group Response

Apr 3, 2014 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one so far. We are looking into the issues you shared and will work actively to improve them.

Other Employee Reviews for Titan Security Group

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Security Officer
    Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Titan Security Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management seems to really care and the pay is pretty good.

Cons

Holdovers but I know they are part of the job

2. "Security Guard"

I worked at Titan Security Group full-time

Pros

Provide training to get your Perc card and uniform. Some sites provide cleaning for uniform. In most cases you are on your own with no supervisor standing over you. Pay is not the highest, but not the lowest. And there is job security, in a twisted way. If you are removed for some minor reason from one site, the company will likely keep you and just move you to another site (tho you'll likely have to start on the graveyard shift again).

Cons

Regardless of your time with company, you start at the bottom (overnight shift) any time you move to a new site. Promotions are hard to acquire. Pay is middling for the industry, but the benefits are horrid. Job ads promise holidays, but you work regardless if that day is on your shift, and it took more than a year to qualify for one week vacation - never on a date you want. If a client decides he doesn't like you, you're out and usually lucky enough to keep a job but at a new site (see 1st comment above!). Training is usually done by a coworker, and managers sit in a room and critique your performance recorded on security monitors. So stay out of the camera sights and you're okay. Perks are doled out at discretion of supervisors, so very erratic. Watch out if you're the new guy because if someone, especially a supervisor or anyone with some seniority goofs up, you'll likely be the scapegoat removed from the site.

Advice to Management

Require your supervisors to provide training and get to know your new personnel. Provide training OTJ for the situation. I know it's hard for someone on an overnight shift to have to wait for better hours, but a good employee coming from another site should not automatically get the graveyard shift. Survey your workers in the trenches and get their opinions on how well operations and supervisors are really performing (or just covering up problems) at each site.