TitleMax - Great Company and Great Pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TitleMax

"Great Company and Great Pay"

Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've experienced both sides of TitleMax, the field operations and corporate. There's so much room to grow within the company no matter what side you are on, the possibilities of growth are essentially what you want. Pay is great especially the bonuses. Hours are reasonable, and you're not treated like a slave. Most of the time you will get every weekend off too which gives you some type of life/work balance. Also, customers come first and I really appreciate that but an employee stand point. Overall I have worked for other companies in the industry and they couldn't pay me enough to come back.

Cons

Sometimes the field can be stressful, but what job isn't stressful in their own way.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and so I can get more money!

Other Employee Reviews for TitleMax

"A must read for anyone considering his employer"

Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For Customer Service Reps, Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager you only work 40 per week. The work week runs Thursday through Wednesday. For General Managers depending on the size of your staff you work 48 hours or more per week. Or more means there is no limit to the number of hours you may put in. You will work at least every other Saturday.

There is a chance to move up but but warned he company does not just promote from within.

The benefits are decent. Benefits do not start immediately.

You get to meet a lot o different people since (at least in Texas) all loans and payments mud be completed in the office.

Cons

For CSR's - You will put a lot of miles on your vehicle since one of your job duties is to visit late clients at both home and work. This can put you face-to-face with irate customers.

Upper management (anyone above a GM) has no idea how to do the day to day activities of a store. The DM can't even help out and take payments when you have an office full of customers waiting for service.

For GM's this is not a place that provides a good life balance.

The SM's do not get paid enough.

There is a high turn over rate with this company. Very few people overall have been with the company for any length of time.

This type of business (regardless of what they try to tell you) is a predatory lending business. Why? All you have to do is look at how SM's and above get paid. Part of their pay is based on the dollar amount of new loans. Management is constantly pushing the employees to push as much money on the customer as they can. If someone qualifies for a $5,000.00 loan and cam in wanting $1,000.00 they want you to push the full $5,000.00 on the customer - even when their only source of income is SSI and make less than $1,000.00 a month. Then what happens when they can't pay? They lose their vehicle.

Think long and hard about what your willing to do for a paycheck. Several people I have spoken with, including my own opinion, is that, if we would have known what we were really getting into we wouldn't have signed on.

Advice to Management

Don't assume you know everything that is going on. There are things that happen that state auditors would like to know about.

DM's - know the job of those under you. Instead of sitting there in a store looking clueless and useless when there is an office full of customers needing assistance - know how to help.

Lead by example. You want your GM's working 50 plus hours a week then don't leave everyday by 5pm.

2. "Don't believe everything you are told!"

Former Employee - General Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is ok, see below. Other than micro managing, people are good. Well structured, well organized company. Very little guessing how to handle a situation. Sales training is very good. If you want to be in the consumer finance business this is a great place to learn a lot.

Cons

Money is ok until you realize just how many hours you have to work to get it. As a manager you will quickly realize that your hourly CSR's are making more per hour than you do. I said sales training is top notch, it is. Collections training is terrible on the other hand.
    Do not believe the work/family balance hype. As a manager you will be told that you have to be there regardless. Also, don't go into this thinking that you are going to be managing and working with customers. Yes, you do that but the overwhelming majority of your time is spent working on collections.

Advice to Management

Get out of the ivory towers and visit your stores. Not your training stores. Those are the only stores adequately staffed. Visit the non-training stores. You are running your good people into the ground. In my region, within 9 months the turn over rate for managers was 55.5%. I don't care who you are, that is a management problem, not a people problem.