TitleMax - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay, a lot of upper management support from district and regional managment, lots of room for advancement, the hours are great. Each part of the management team is willing to come into your store and explain how things work, they help with marketing, and they are very helpful when you have questions or concerns. I am also fortunate to have an amazing GM to help me along the way.

Cons

The days can get kind of long when its slow, collections is the least fun but its just a part of the job

Other Employee Reviews for TitleMax

"Beware: Good Pay = Very HIGH Stress Levels"

Current Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay for the 1st year if you negotiate properly, I got $60K for my 1st year, after that you go to a standard $30K salary plus potential bonus program. PTO is good too, starting on day one, I was able to take a weeks vacation near the end of my 5th month.

Cons

Stress levels to produce, it's all about the numbers! 51% sales of getting maximum loan values vs 49% collections of people who simply can't afford to repay their loans. App 80% pay on time, the other 20% will drive your bonus to zero. They talk a good work/life balance however as with most company the scale leans heavily on the work side (2 days off per week the other five days expect to be gone from home app 12 hours per day including your commute), enjoy your two days! Constant changes (as with most businesses), grading scales for store audits = one passing score and 3 degrees of failing. 3 needs improvement (the norm) will result in write ups, after so many it's bye bye (doesn't make sense other than most GM's burn out after the first year so they're ALWAYS recruiting new GMITs - General Managers in Training - they're masters of the revolving door.

Advice to Management

Work/LIFE balance - it isn't always about money. I'm leaving due to this, willing to make a little less than what is offered at TitleMax to enjoy living with my family. More of a focus on the store teams would make the job more tolerable. When you offer 401K and benefits, don't put the burden on the team member, I never got my 401K after I signed up for it!

"Don't take hiring promises seriously"

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get to meet a lot of interesting people. Accrue vacation time from the start.

Cons

Watch & question pay rates and paid holidays.