Toast Inc - Account Executive | Glassdoor
  1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

The freedom of this job is unparalleled. If you have great work ethic and great time management skills you will literally be able to do anything you want at any time. The pay is also pretty good. The better you do the more you get paid.

Cons

Sometimes too much freedom and self accountability needed. It's easy to get lost in this job and overwhelmed. If you can prioritize level of importance and just keep hammering away from the top down on level of importance you will be fine.

Advice to Management

A little more structure needed. Quicker response from HQ to the field is needed. i.e. cc rate matches, post signing follow up is terrible and can accrue TONS of hours in follow up. Please fix.

Toast Inc2018-11-02

"Most Fulfilling Journey of my Career"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The humanity of our leadership team (I mean all those senior to me) - focusing on the right things, for the right reasons. I gave them my trust when joining the team. They've earned it everyday since. My peers are extraordinary. The quality of our teams - in every department. Each time I'm in a cross-functional meeting I feel like I'm surrounded by the best in class. Inspiring how many brilliant, humble, and determined people make up the Toast team. Focus on diversity. This includes diversity among people, ensuring we appeal to the best professionals out there, and diversity of thought. If you have an idea to move us forward, it's welcomed, and necessary. The thrill of victory, but awareness we still have a lot to do. We are good at this and getting better. We truly believe that what we did yesterday needs to be better tomorrow. We're constantly challenging the status quo and challenging ourselves to do what we know will be difficult. Career growth - hundreds of Toasters get promoted each year. The pathways are transparent and leadership focuses heavily on developmental programs and coaching strategies to help our teams grow.

Cons

Rapid growth often comes with abrupt change. The need for changes that occur are interpreted differently based on each person's lens. The larger we get, the more challenging alignment on the "why" becomes. Sales is tough. You've got to be competitive, driven, and capable of delivering real business solutions to restaurant owners. Of course, that isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep challenging us to be the best. You're doing it right.

Toast Inc2019-12-18

"Its great, no other place I'd want to be"

Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of growth if you're up to the challenge. They move people up within the company if they're hard workers and put their best foot forward. - The customers actually like us and the product. Our restaurants give us constant feedback about what works and what doesn't so we're able to address issues quickly and keep complaints to a minimum! Its really nice knowing people appreciate your company. - Fun work environment. The leadership team puts a lot of effort into employee satisfaction and it really shows.

Cons

DONT WORK HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT A STARTUP. This isn't always the easiest place to work: things are constantly changing and moving around, but thats what you get from a startup. You aren't able to come in here and take it easy; these positions require actual work. Its super rewarding though.

Toast Inc2020-01-03

Discover more reviews about Toast Inc.