Toast Inc - Couldn't even put up with more than three months here | Glassdoor

"Couldn't even put up with more than three months here"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

They had great benefits and a decent community feel amongst team members. I didn't dislike my coworkers, I thought they were all great people.

Cons

The work was trash. I worked as a Tech Expert at Apple for three years and I though THAT was bad. They sent us to Omaha to "train" when it was a waste of time and money and we sat in a classroom and looked at powerpoints. The work was beyond overwhelming in their support section, I knew a few people there in other roles who would constantly say they wanted to quit. Tier one support is treated like dogs. And they... expect you to stay in that position for at least two years. They cared more about taking on more restaurants than they did training them. An excuse I would hear often was "well sometimes the restaurants didn't want training" which is absolute garbage when you have restaurants calling in who have been live for a week and never closed their cash drawers, don't know how to log into the app, and so many other basic stuff that they should have been trained on.

Toast Inc2019-10-04

"Great place to grow career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

-very clear expectations surrounding what you need to do to get promoted -training, felt like I had all the tools and training I needed for a successful ramp -transparency around performance and weekly conversations with manager

Cons

Not really a con, but as long as you are flexible and are able to adjust to change, you're golden. Toast is going through constant change as they develop new offerings for customers and scale as a company.

Toast Inc2019-11-25
  2. "Fast Paced, Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, fun motivated people, and awesome opportunity to be part of such a rapidly growing company

Cons

Because the company is growing so fast, it's outgrowing its offices (they're being renovated but it still makes day-to-day work cramped)

Toast Inc2019-12-06

Discover more reviews about Toast Inc.