Toast Inc - Good benefits. No work-life balance | Glassdoor

"Good benefits. No work-life balance"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

4 months of paid parental leave. The company is growing.

Cons

Highly stressful work environment. Staff are overloaded with tight deadlines and you get very little practical help from management. Very little transparency into department-level initiatives and strategy.

Advice to Management

I can the number of management who have worked directly on a customer implementation on one hand. You cannot rely on your management skills to effectively govern implementation staff and clear roadblocks if you have no idea what struggles they face on a daily basis.

Toast Inc2019-10-22

"Great place to grow career"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time

Pros

-very clear expectations surrounding what you need to do to get promoted -training, felt like I had all the tools and training I needed for a successful ramp -transparency around performance and weekly conversations with manager

Cons

Not really a con, but as long as you are flexible and are able to adjust to change, you're golden. Toast is going through constant change as they develop new offerings for customers and scale as a company.

Toast Inc2019-11-25

"Best sales job in the country"

Current Employee - Territory Account Executive

I have been working at Toast Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly? Everything. Toast is an incredible company to work for. Almost all of the sales team I’m on (1/4 of the country) hits or beats quota every month. You also get to sell something you can believe in. I’ve had sales jobs selling snake oil, but when I call up my customers and ask how they’re doing, ALL of them are doing significantly better with Toast. Also, the commissions are insane. You can easily clear... 100k, and the top reps are making 50% more than that.

Cons

Not much really. Toast is growing very quickly, so there are small changes every now and then, but management does a great job of minimizing the effects on the sales team.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you’re doing, ESPECIALLY promoting from within! We all love to see this, and makes us want to work at Toast long term.

Toast Inc2019-11-22

Discover more reviews about Toast Inc.