Topco Associates - A great place to work! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Topco Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Topco has a great business model and a great value proposition for our Member/Owners. We have a friendly, open culture, and we also work hard and take our commitment to driving value very seriously. We are beginning to modernize, and have just rolled out a remote work policy. I've worked here for five years and really enjoy it.

Cons

We are a very lean organization by design. While that's a positive in terms of being efficient and opportunities for growth, at times it seems like we are too lean and don't have enough bench strength in case of departures, vacations, illnesses, etc.

Advice to Management

It's important to promote communication and approachability up and down the organization. Need to continue to find ways to attract and retain young talent.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company to work for."

I worked at Topco Associates full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and opportunities to develop.

Cons

Everyone only used email to communicate. It was a very silent company.

"Morale in freefall"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Category Manager in Elk Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Category Manager in Elk Grove, IL

I have been working at Topco Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reasonable pay and benefits and good medical.

Cons

Topco is a company in fatal freefall. The HR dept is on its 3rd Director in 2 years.
    An exec. VP was terminated without notice, effective immediately. One of the most knowledgeable VP's is retiring at age 54 and 12 yrs experience. Bottom line is he either quit or was forced out. Project Everest is a colossal failure, meaning layoffs of the people who actually do the work. Women at the upper levels of management are almost non-existent, and tokens. Capgemini, the consultants who were hired to modernize the company were allowed to purchase the IT Dept, which makes it impossible to terminate their contract. Middle managers are updating their resumes in all depts. HQ is like Mac Beth's castle with intrigue within the cubicles.

Advice to Management

My advice is not to management but to the members who own TOPCO. Form a task force and bring a forensic account with you. You are paying a management team that couldn't run a one chair barbershop.

Discover more reviews about Topco Associates.