Topgolf - Mediocre work space | Glassdoor

"Mediocre work space"

Former Employee - Bayhost in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Bayhost in Houston, TX

I worked at Topgolf part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was understanding and polite--at least while I was there

Cons

Tip share was not honest.

Advice to Management

figure your stuff out.

Mar 14, 2013 – Senior Communications Manager

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We regret your feeling that the tip pool was "not honest." The amount tipped out to each person is based on: the number of hours worked during his/her shift, the ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Topgolf

"One big lie"

Current Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX

I have been working at Topgolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The concept is unlike anything else and it's really fun to play there. Most employees are very nice. Business will always be good because they have a patent on the technology. However, I'd like business to be good because they have a great experience there, not because it's the only one to go to.

Cons

Tip pool, poor communication, extremely long shifts, favoritism gets promoted before performance, Also, the building was almost $16 million, but they are still using Excel to enter financial information, and are too cheap to pay for Hot Schedules for their employees.

Advice to Management

Get rid of tip pool. Start caring about the guest's experience and make yourself available. Stop lying to employees about everything that goes on in that place. I've never worked for a company so disorganized in my life.

Feb 20, 2013 – Senior Communications Manager

We are saddened by the impression you've had since joining the TopGolf team. We want to make TopGolf a great place to work, and we rely on feedback from Associates to make this happen. I encourage ... More

"management and tip pool are a joke"

Current Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX

I have been working at Topgolf part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

meeting lots of people, very nice building and fun golf game.

Cons

-nobody understands or likes the tip pool. each person makes like 5x what they end up getting tipped out. tips are given as cash in envelopes with name and date several days later. nobody knows how much total tips are really being turned into management and divided up. everything is secret between managers and employees are fired if they ask too many questions about tip pool to understand it better.
    -management is inexperienced and rude and takes 30 minutes to find one to address issues. -schedules are sometimes made day of work or changed more than once in a week.
    -we are not allowed to take breaks or eat if busy even though employee handbook says we can.
    -a lot of new people being hired are unhappy and have no clue what to do so we have to train them ourselves
    -lots of people not working because they believe they will get same amount as someone who is working harder.

Feb 7, 2013 – Senior Communications Manager

We were saddened to read your comments and want to assure you that TopGolf is committed to being a top place to work. Associates are certainly entitled to breaks, proper training, and to ... More