Total Quality Logistics - If you are prepared to hustle--the sky is the limit with TQL | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Total Quality Logistics

"If you are prepared to hustle--the sky is the limit with TQL"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TQL provides you with all the tools neccesary to be successful. It is a fun, fast-paced enviroment where I enjoy coming to work everyday. Managers at all levels are personable and are always open to feedback. There is also plenty of opportunity for promotions within the company if you are interested in management.

Cons

You have to be willing to dedicate yourself to the job, which can sometimes mean working upwards to 60+ hours per week in order to see success

Other Employee Reviews for Total Quality Logistics

"WOMEN BEWARE"

Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive
    Former Employee - Logistics Account Executive

I worked at Total Quality Logistics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-35K base salary
    - free alcohol
    - some people in the office are cool

TQL is like a fraternity its about office politics making money and not being on the radar. The best part is the marketing team events planned out of the corporate office great for family and reduces stress.

Cons

Ok at first i thought this would be a great opportunity for me to start out my sales career. It is literally a fraternity filled with people who are either socially awkward or fraternity boys who cant really make anything of themselves. It is for people who arent "somebody" and are looking for some type of claim to fame. The men will hit on you instant message you nasty and degrading things like they have never seen a woman before. The words balls, ball sack, dick douche are all common terminology you hear on a daily basis. THE STRESS is so unnecessary. you have enough stress attaining accounts and managing them you really don't need upper management breathing down your neck everyday and playing people against each other. You work so hard for 35k and have to fight with ppl in the organization to get ahead because everyone will become jealous of you once you start producing. There was a pedophile in my office which was great so you can only imagine the instant messages I got from him. All in all if you are going to work here PLAY BY THE RULES kiss all the ass necessary and make money. Oh and dont expect to use any of the knowledge or skill you just spent 60-70 hours workin a week on after you leave. You get accounts you leave or get fired and they are redistributed and if your really into sales then you will build relationships and your customers will still call and speak with you but probably wont work with them anymore. There will be a level of over saturation where companies will NOT want to work with TQL because of shady dealings and the non asset part it is hard enough with 2000 brokers to get business and be successful. You might want to ask of the new AE how many are making six figures off of accounts that they got from cold calling or WERE GIVEN TO THEM by upper management. They parade people around saying this person makes 6 figures or this person makes presidents club but most o their accounts were GIVEN and not earned. be smart about your time there

Advice to Management

scrap the draw system as I have heard you have done, stop stressing people out so much the job is stressful enough try to be there and support instead of negative reinforcement. Ken Oaks is a GREAT CEO he really does care but if they knew half the stuff going on in the other offices he would probably be ashamed.

2. "DON'T Believe these positive reviews!"

I have been working at Total Quality Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters at TQL are constantly coming onto glassdoor and writing reviews for their own company. You know they have to be bad when they have to do that. Don't believe a word they say. When I joined they were rated less than a 2.6 on here, but the job market was bad. The only good thing I can say about TQL is the coworkers are great.

Cons

There were long hours, pay was terribly low, and morale was even lower. This place is cancer.

Advice to Management

Start over.